LAST 2010 Foal for Star Ridge Acres

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

For those that are keeping count here is how my year added up:

8 mares bred total, all to Spirit.

Cappy aborted a filly at 7.5 months (and Cappy passed later as she was much sicker than anyone realized at the time
no.gif
)

Sweet Pea had a colt that had a deformed front leg so it had to be euthanized
no.gif

Toffee had a pinto filly that was sold along with her dam prior to foaling (of course - want a filly? Sell the mare!)

Classy, Goldie and Dusty (outside mare) all had solid colts.

Junie had a wildly marked pinto colt with blue eyes.

And now I introduce the last foal for 2010...

Sired by Spirit and out of an awesome mare that is a granddaughter of Roan Ranger (and boy does her head show it!), SG Fascinating Rhythm.

Born 6/18/10 at about 3:30pm. Pictured after his vet check at about 16 hours old. No name yet, but I'm thinking he may be my keeper for the year. Probably going to mature about 32".

spiritrhythm2010foalrightsideweb1.jpg

spiritrhythm2010foallefttsideweb1.jpg

spiritrhythm2010foalrightsideweb3.jpg

I bought this mare open last summer from Sheryl at Irish Hills Farm and bred her a couple of days after she arrived - bred her once by hand on 7/22/09 and sure enough she took! Thanks Sheryl!!!

Thanks for letting me share. Glad to be done for the year and to have little to no breeding plans for next year! I could use a year off.
wacko.gif

Last edited:
WOW WOW WOW

I love him Parmela!!!
default_wub.png

Rhythm did you really good. She is such a good mare and a heck of a producer.

I'm so excited for you and I'm looking forward to watching this little man mature!! NICE!!!
default_wub.png

Congratulations on that handsome colt!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I don't blame you for wanting a year off after what you went through this year. Good luck in the future!

Oh Parm, he's handsome!
default_wub.png
Congrats on all your babies and being done for the year! Now you can rest!

I have one more next month LOL
default_biggrin.png

Wow he is beautiful! And his mom is adorable :)

Susan O.

Oh Parmela he's adorable. Congrat's on all your babies. Momma's a pretty girl too. Sleep....TJ

A gorgeous little colt and an equally gorgeous Momma - many congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

Enjoy your sleep - we've just discovered our beds too after a long 7 weeks LOL!!

Anna

Congratulations!!! He is gorgeous and I am so glad you ended on a good note. But I was hoping you would get a filly. Just for the record, we absolutely ADORE that one filly that Spirit sired for this year, and the mare too.

Congratulations what a beautiful colt he is and looks like a keeper to me
default_aktion033.gif
..sorry you had so much saddness, we know how you feel and hopefully this pretty colt makes up for some sad feelings..He is VERY Nice
default_yes.gif

Blessings,

Jenny

Very Beautiful colt! Congratulations!

Love your mare too! Our herd sire SG Little Blue Dipper has Roan Ranger in his pedigree. Just LOVe him!

Iam very sorry to hear what you had to go through.
sad.gif

We had a late term abortion too. But at least we didn't loose the mare. Again, I am so sorry!

Latest posts

Back