Larry & Bonnie Shearin

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,

Just received this message today regarding Larry & Bonnie Shearin and two of their horses:

"It is with a very heavy heart that I send this email this morning. About 11PM last night Bonnie and Larry Shearin lost their beloved QT. A week ago they lost Alvadars Just west of Revenge the yearling. They have also had a neighbor lose a big horse in the last week. The report that comes back is it is an unkown toxin that has caused this illness and deaths.

Bonnie and Larry have had a tough week fighting all of this and now by loosing QT which is like a child to them, it is a huge loss. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers today and in days to come. "

AVS Quick Time Sir Prize help Bonnie win the AMHR Supreme Amateur award for two consecutive years. He was truly one of those rare gems in the miniature horse world.

Bonnie & Larry our condolenses to you during this difficult time.

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Triple A Amateur Advantage Program

Karen Shaw

Chairman

I'm so sorry, how awful.
default_no.gif

Oh no! Bonnie & Larry are such gracious, loving people and I know how much they love their horses! Thoughts and prayers going out to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry for all these sad losses. Holding Bonnie, Larry & their neighbors in our hearts and prayers. Hope you are able to find the cause and can resolve before any more losses might be suffered. {{{HUGSTOYOUALL!!!}}}

In His Hands,

Tanya

How horrible! What a shame to loose such wonderful horses! My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Hi Midnight,

"QT" was his barn name....AVS Quick Time Sir Prize (QT for Quick Time).

Karen

If you know Bonnie and Larry then you know how horrible the past couple of weeks have been. The suffering, yet incredible will to live, that Q went through is heartbreaking. He so wanted to live, but his physical body couldn't take all that it was put through. Q (and JW) received the best care possible but it just wasn't to be.

There will never be another "yella horse" like Q.

Good bye sweet boy.
default_bye-sad.gif

I don't know them - but, from reading everyone's post these are truly special people that truly loved those horses. It is breaking my heart and I don't even know them.

Please tell them they will be in my thoughts and prayers. I also hope they find out how to stop this soon.

OMG I can't believe that. I know QT was very special to them, and we all knew him. I'm so sorry Larry and Bonnie
default_sad.png

Thats terrible
default_sad.png

Thinking of you both during this really sad time.

Linda and Erica

So very sad to hear of your loss, I competed against QT on several ocassions. He will be greatly missed. Hugs and Prayers coming your way

OMG! I can't believe that this has happened. I know he was their baby and we will all miss him terribly. I hope their other gelding Storm is ok (Chestnut with a irregular blaze)

They are in my prayers
default_sad.png

Bonnie and Larry,

When you get around to reading this (once you are up to it) please know that we know how you feel. We have lost a "special one" before. It's hard loosing any of your beloved horses, but it's always worse when one looses the special one! There is really nothing to help, saying we're sorry just doesn't seem enough for the tremondous loss youall have just gone thru. You know youall are special to us and our thoughts and prayers will be with you both!!

You know without asking if there is anything at all we can do, it will be done!

Love you guys,

Pam and Curt

P.S. I DO believe we will see our guys again, over on the other side!! Also, QT will be around....just listen for him)

What a heartbreak for them! QT was quite a guy, and very special to Bonnie & Larry. Hope they are able to isolate the cause and keep everyone else safe.

Jan

Absolutely horrible news. My heart goes out to Larry and Bonnie as they truly love all their horses but the light in their eyes with QT was so apparrent. My thoughts will be with them as they go through this troubling time. They are both such great people. While QT was here he had the best life possible and know that Bonnie and Larry did everything in the world possible for their horses. Hope this is over with for them.

Arlene

Boy! So Very very sorry for their loss. My condolences.

Lyn

Latest posts

Back