Larry & Bonnie Shearin

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry!
default_crybaby.gif
My heart goes out to them. Such a horrible double loss.

default_sad.png
That IS a rough series of losses! Poor people....... I hope they get a handle on the cause......

I am so sorry for their loss, I know how it feels and am crying my eyes out just thinking what they are going thru right now. But I will say- Q would never want them to give up because of this, he would want them to go on and show even more. I know it hurts and it will take a long time to heal, if they ever can. But never give up, there are tons of mini people out there for hugs and kind words during this difficult time. Maybe QT and Levi will see each other up there in the Green Pasture. My condolences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Bonnie and Larry,

First of all, I want for you to know how very, very sorry Rick and I are for your loss. We know how much you loved Q and JW and they were blessed to have you for parents. You took Q to the top of the game, and he will be forever remembered because of it. I know you are hurting in a way most of us cannot even fathom, but do know, that ALL of you friends are praying for you, grieving with you, and here to do whatever you need to get through this. You are a one of kind person, and an angel at that. Larry must be beside himself trying to deal with seeing you hurt so badly and dealing with his own grief.

We love you guys, unconditionally, and any of us, I know will be here for you in a second. Just ask for help if you need it.

Rick and I love you, Bonnie and Larry!

Cindy and Rick Coffman

Mother Natures Miniatures

My sincerest condolonces. QT was one of a kind and a very special boy. I remember him well from nationals. Linda

I am so sorry. Nationals won't be the same without QT there. Prayers that you find the cause of all of this.

Pam

[SIZE=14pt]An update from Bonnie:[/SIZE]

I have talked with Bonnie. She wants you all to know that Q is home now and is buried in their front yard. All of their horses were able to come out and see him and say good-bye. And for everyone concerned about Storm, he is in Michigan and has been most of the year as is Monty.

Bonnie is, understandably so, unable to come online right now but she is aware of this thread and she and Larry are most appreciative of all the prayers, kind words and concern for them and their kids.

Now, a note from me:

We have all experienced heartache at the loss of one of our special horses, but without seeing it with your own eyes you can't really appreciate the bond that Q and Bonnie had. That horse would have lay down his life for her and she knew it. He showed his heart out with Bonnie at the lead and together they achieved the highest of awards and ribbons. I'm ashamed to admit I don't know the specific details, but I do know that Bonnie and Q were many, many, many times National Champion and never did they leave the ring at Nationals without placing. He jumped, he drove and he was a beautiful halter horse. And he always made Bonnie look fantastic in showmanship!

There will never be another "yella horse" like Q. Godspeed Q.

default_no.gif
How HORRIBLE! Brought tears to my eyes as I read threw the posts....... I have lost a couple big horses tragicly in my 20's (the one was my "whole world/best friend"..... that will for ever haunt me.

I don't know what it is lately......but seems like a few horses around the US have been sick lately.... I've had to deal with a very serious issue with one of my "prize" boys' this week that the thought with ever loosing him is just unbearable to even think about! So was a very nerve racking week! I'm very thankful he's turning around now and can breath a little more easily!

I am SO sorry for your loss!

Though I may not know you or the horses, this was so sad to read about. Everyone here I'm sure can relate to your loses. I too felt tears reading about your special boy and the bond you had. Praying that with each day you will come to terms with the lose a little better.

I do not know the Shearins personally but have always loved reading about them and their unique relationship with their horses in the Journal. I am truly sorry to hear of their loss and will keep them and their other horses in my prayers.

Bonnie and Larry,

Our prayers are with you in the hardest of times, I am sooo sorry this happened. I know how it is to have that incredible bond with a horse and QT was very much in harmony with you, it was obvious.

I know you both did all you could do for him and I am sure he knew you were trying to help him!!! You are in our thoughts

and we know the pain you feel. Joe and Laura Tennill

Just saw this post - Sharon and I have been away at a horse show this past weekend with no computer service.

We are just heartbroken at this news. Seeing those two compete and win the last couple of years was truly a joy to watch. Larry's support of Bonnie was so wonderfully enthusiastic, it was one of the high points of the National shows.

We are truly sorry for your loss. Gotta go wipe some tears off now -

Mark Bullington

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back