Large cart price question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister is planning to sell one of her vehicles. I think it is called a governess cart. It is for a large pony or small horse. It's the kind that the little door opens for the passengers. She wants to get it cleaned up before taking pictures; it's been sitting in her barn for many years, unused. I said I would ask on here if anyone had an idea about value.

I'll probably help her put it on Craig's List, as it is not for miniatures so I don't know if it can go on the sale board here. Neither of us had any idea where to ask about value. We don't know any big horse drivers around here to ask. Would it make a difference if she had a brand name? How should it be measured--shaft length? Wheel size?

Thanks!

Hi Marsha, I'm not much help with regarding to pricing it - but I do know of a good resource that would likely help. I have been rebuilding an old carriage and joined a Facebook group for rebuilding and converting carts and carriages. Some of the folks there know A LOT and would definitely have some good answers for you. I know we're not supposed to link to Facebook on the forum, but if you do use it and think this would be helpful, I'd be happy to p.m. you the link or more details. Hope this helps...

Latest posts

Back