Laid off ~~~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awful, I'm sorry to hear about that!

The West Coast of BC (could be the same for the rest of BC but I'm unaware of their situation) has a huge amount of jobs available in all industries. It has gotten to the point that KIDS that are 14years old will NOT work for anything less than $12.00 an hour. To put into perspective our minimum wage is just above $8.00/hr. Jobs that used to pay kids just minimum wage and that was it are now paying $14.00 an hour and above, plus FULL medical/dental benefits! It's absolutely insane! Employers are just so desperate for people that this is what is happening! So if that's on the "low end" for first time type jobs can you imagine what the higher end jobs are dealing with! Ayye it's just so crazy.

I know it sounds crazy but life will go on and you will adjust. Somehow together you will find a way to make things work!
default_wub.png

Oh my gosh Shari, so sorry to hear about this......hopefully he will find some work soon......my sister's

husband is laid off right now too......I know how stressful it can be........ thinking of you guys.

Thanks!

Goodness....so many people out of work....is very sad. In this day and age...it shouldn't be the case.
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back