Ladys cart class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole

Reaction score
For the ladys cart class do you have to wear a hat? and how fancy do you have to be? I have an outfit picked out its a really nice sparkly shirt and dress pants or do I need to wear a dress??

As far as the horse goes as long as everything is clean do I need to do something with him?

Thanks

[SIZE=14pt]Nicole, What sort of show is it? IS it a country pleasure class? You can wear a nice shirt and dress pants and you do not need to have a hat but if you have hair below your collar you should wear it up. If it is before 6 you never go formal if it is a bigger show after 6 is more formal. Never go without your shoulders covered but that is a personal preference. I hate it when the even ing classes at nationals show so much back legs and yes even butt crack on the low backed dresses. I dont feel that is EVER appropriate. Gloves are also optional. Hats are optional.[/SIZE]

Lyn

It would be considered country pleasure. The class is before 6.

I do have another show that is at 7:00 I am glad you mentioned to be formal after 6:00. I will have to find a nice dress for that class.

I have short hair so do I still have to wear a hat in the formal class??

I hate hats and they don't look nice on me.

[SIZE=14pt]I agree with you Lynn, what is up with the driving attire at Nationals?[/SIZE]

Why don't we follow something more traditional like ADS attire rules? Even the stock breeds mandate that there is no exposed leg, dresses mid-calf and above require a lap robe, and long sleeves for the driving classes. You wouldn't think an association would NEED to mandate good taste and sense, but apparently it is necessary.

Mnmini said:
[SIZE=14pt]I agree with you Lynn, what is up with the driving attire at Nationals?[/SIZE]
Why don't we follow something more traditional like ADS attire rules?  Even the stock breeds mandate that there is no exposed leg, dresses mid-calf and above require a lap robe, and long sleeves for the driving classes.  You wouldn't think an association would NEED to mandate good taste and sense, but apparently it is necessary

449629[/snapback]

I know the rules say NO strapless dresses, but I've seen judges place a driver in a strapless dress at the PCMHC shows last year. *sigh*

I tried showing a little leg and shoulder at Nationals once and it didn't help a bit.

new_shocked.gif

Al B said:
I tried showing a little leg and shoulder at Nationals once and it didn't help a bit.
new_shocked.gif

449751[/snapback]

yes.gif
Al you always get me laughing and then hubby wants to know whats funny!

Maybe if you "shaved" your legs next time?????????

Bon

[SIZE=14pt]You do not need to wear a hat in the evening. Country pleasure in the evening I would wear a beaded jacket and a black skirt or I have a tuxedo jacket and a beaded shawl that has a hook..... anyone have a pic of one of those... I will have to look in my files.[/SIZE]

Lyn
f2c90a04.jpg

f6a3f476.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back