Lacing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumping this up..........I'd be curious too. No, I haven't heard anything recently.

My husband, Tommy, put a Yahoo group together in 2000. You are welcome to visit there and browse the archives. http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/lacing_...r/?yguid=276012

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Thanks Dawn, I am curious too!

Site didnt let me in without joining.

Last edited by a moderator:
lacing facinates me. several years ago I had a bay standardbred mare. she was about 3 years old and she started getting BLACK lacing all over her back. looked like a black spiderweb. I did some research and heard they might fill in white and sometimes start out black. she started getting some grey hairs where the black lines were. I sold her not too long after so never knew if she turned into white lacing but it was a facinating thing.

We have several horses (minis) here with lacing, so a few years ago I did some popping around on the internet searching for information.

The only thing I found was that it was felt it was genetic and they were working on the theory that it was from the Sabino gene. At that point tests hadn't been completed to be conclusive.

For me, it made sense. All of the horses we have with lacing are related -- at least distantly, and there was pinto involved in the bloodline.

My pinto mare has lacing all over her back, hence her name 'Lace'.

She is a black and white mare and the lacing is white on her back, she does have the sabino roaning through some of her white patches so that would make sense.

Latest posts

Back