Lacey is not showing Sunday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
You know how you just know something is wrong? I went back out earlier today and noticed Lacey's H2O did not look like it had been drank out of. I inticed her but she would only dip her mouth in it. Thanks to you beautiful people I knew to run and get apple juice. Got her to take some.she thinks she is stressing with having too much going on right after her leaving her mom and in new surroundings. Her turgor is just a little off, not too bad. She says just to let her get accustomed to everything for a couple of weeks first then start working on her. I feel like a monster and that I caused her to stress out. I just love the little girl so much and her health is priority one! I hope she comes out of this easily. My heart feels so heavy. I wont sleep a wink tonight, I am sure.

Thanks you guys so much for everything you have taught me. I have to go now so I can go lay with my girl.

God bless you all

Fran

It is always so hard when stuff like this happens. You want so much for your animals and then you find out it might be too much. Hang in there. I hope she settles in quickly for you! Linda

That you, Pepperhill! I had even found a halter to fit her. Couldn't find a show one, but at least it is a halter.

It's just like one of your kids being sick. My boys are in their twenties but I can tell you, this brings back memories. I just keep going over everything in my head. Guilt is an awful thing to feel, but teaches us all lessons.

Oh, the she I was reffering to was the vet on call. I reread my post a minute ago and noticed I didn't make much sence. I was just tripping. Sorry.

Fran

Well this will just give you more time for both you & her to get used to everything. & once she does get better you can find a show halter & maybe practice more with her too! Im sure she will be fine.

Thank you Miss_Fortune! It's a nerve racking thing to go through. Never had one get sick on me before. Always bought them sick but never get sick on me.

Thanks again

Fran

fran

sounds like ulcers. I would put her on tagament for a week just to be sure. stress of being moved etc can easily cause ulcers and one sign is dipping the nose in water. thinking good thoughts!

Kay

Thank you, Kay! How much Tagament should I give her? Childs dosage? I have her ingesting more water by putting sweet feed in some. She slurps it down so I think she will be fine. My fingers are crossed.

Fran

Hoping and praying she gets better real fast. The tagament is a good idea. Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
shoot i have never given it to one as young as she is but i imagine a childs dose would be right. Sure sounds like ulcers. tagament wont hurt and if she perks up after getting it you know your dealing with ulcers. Is she doing better now??

She is perkier now then she was a few days ago, I am glad to say! Her salad shooter works just fine and her urine is better. I should have known better and just loved on her for a few weeks. Got caught up in the wanting to show her thing. My own fault. Wont let that happen again!
no.gif
Will try the child dosage of Tagament today. Thanks, Kay.

Thank you for the prayers Mary!

Fran

Latest posts

Back