Kumbayah...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knottymare

Reaction score
So, I'm fairly new to the forum and have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor. I also have a huge LOVE of fun. I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we just posted what we love about minis. It can be show related. It can be brags from a training session. It can be a moment that you just shared with your minis that made your day. Or it can just be a simple thought of what it is that you love about your minis...

Let's share what we LOVE about minis...

I'll start...

They ZOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

200816_1905989326668_1149824875_2354339_7321552_n.jpg

Well I dont have a picture of my love but what I LOVE about the minis is that they truly LOVE us back, I go out to the pasture and get surrounded by all my horses fighting over who gets to get petted and played with first! Great post, cant wait to see other replies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I dont have a picture of my love but what I LOVE about the minis is that they truly LOVE us back, I go out to the pasture and get surrounded by all my horses fighting over who gets to get petted and played with first! Great post, cant wait to see other replies!
Yeah, very much like my dogs! I have been amazed at how the minis seem to break that predator/prey barrier differently than my large horses do. They seem to be braver in many ways. In my very limited experience...

Unlike many people, minis are always there for you. They don't judge. They don't care what you look like. A soft nose to kiss, a mane to cry into, a look in the eyes letting you know they understand. The LOVE they give back 1000 over.

My horses are my LIFE
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I have had big horses all my life - but always wanted a mini and bought my first one when I was 20. I couldn't believe how different they are from big horses. My big horse friends don't usually understand why I don't ride anymore and why I would want to have these little horses. But I just love these little horses and their personalities. They are just so different from most big horses that would rather you leave them alone as long as you feed them!

I love their "can do" attitude. I love the different and distinct personalities that each of them have and even the different relationships they have with all of the members of my family. I am "Mom" and I'm the one they run to if they need anything. My husband is 6'6" tall - so they just kind of stand around and look at him like, "Wow! Did you see how TALL that two-legged thing is??"
default_new_shocked.gif
Except for Toy - he has always loved Todd and will run up to him in the field and lift his head back to look WAY up at him. And they treat my girls like siblings - especially Toy with my Maddy. He loves to give her a hard time. She tattles on him when he's not behaving and he's been known to pull away from her and run to me just to aggravate her. They are hilarious together.

Jinx is my pleaser. He's a little nervous about new things, but he has the biggest heart and will give 100% all the time.

And if my Frankie was human he would totally live on the Jersey Shore!
default_laugh.png
I call him "Yo, Frankie B." He is 16 hands of world-class stallion in a 31" gelded, never-be-called-refined body. He thinks he is ALL THAT. And I love that attitude about him.

I don't think until you are owned by a mini, you can truly appreciate how wonderful they really are!

Barbara

I'm a Spanish horse breed fanatic but just don't have the time or desire to have biggies anymore so bye-bye magnificent creatures. Oh wait!!! I have myself a teeny tiny Andalusian in miniature - can't think of anything more perfect
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Oh and....

Small feed bills.

Buying 1 ton of hay not 4.

Poop that comes up in one scoop.

Organic lawn mowers.

The laughs - like when I book Ozy in to have his teeth floated...and the entire clinic is set up to handle a stallion...and seeing 4 grown women and one man rolling on the floor laughing when I open the trailer and out steps 2 1/2 foot worth of horse (how can you NOT make friends when you have these guys lol)

and more horsey love than one person can handle
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png
default_biggrin.png

I love the chorus of whinnies when I step out the door; how when you are fixing a fence or some such thing they crowd around you, truly curious about everything you're doing and handling; when one of them wants attention from me more than they want their food; the trust a mare shows of me with her newly-born foal; the thrill of working together as a true team whether driving or jumping or whatever else we happen to be doing.

I also love that when I call my gelding, Fire, he RUNS to me, even if he's out having fun in the pasture on good grass.

I love that when I'm bringing horses into the barn at night, I call each one by name as their turn comes, and they step forward to get the halter put on to come inside.

Miniature horses = LOVE
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

We've had 'big' horses since my girls were all little bitty things (youngest is now 38). We've participated in KWHA shows; barrels, poles, racing, etc., trail riding, very active in local saddle club for many, many years. So... when my body finally said "Quit, I can't take it anymore", I just had to find some other way to continue with my love of horses. Hence... minis!! What lovely little creatures they are. We recently had a beautiflul little filly born and she is the apple of my eye. Who knew something so small could be so much fun! I also bought a mare to drive, hubby bought me a cart for Valentines Day and now all I need is some good weather to try it all out. I'm a newby at all this so I've been on the forum quite a few times asking for advice and Thank Goodness you all give it without judging how stupid sometimes the questions probably sound. Anyway.... so glad I've entered the mini world. Just can't describe how it feels when you go out in the pasture and they come up to be petted. When Destiny (the baby, now 4 weeks old) hears my name she comes running to see me.... how wonderful. They are loving litlle gals!

default_new_shocked.gif
Wow where do I start. First there is no more sitting in front of the TV when I get home from work. Definately no boredom going on here. Juan and the girls keep us entertained every day with their antics and all the attention and love they shower on us.
default_wub.png
. I remember as a young girl, with a 16 hand mare, seeing a miniature horse in a magazine and thinking. I want a little horse like that. Now I have 3 that I adore spending all my free time with.
default_wub.png
I may never enter a show, but these little minis love learning to drive, working in halter, working on obstacle (sp). What ever we are doing they give it their all. Can't see myself without them now.

I've only been around horses of any kind for 3 yrs. What I like is that no matter what kind of a day you have there happy to see you. At night I like to sit with them and listen to them eat and they never tell your secrets.

I adore everything about them from the way they smell, to the way they play to the way they whinny at me when they see me coming.

To watch a foal go from being born to nursing the first time is something that never ceases to amaze me no matter how many times I see it.

To see the amount of trust mine have in me is a big thing to live up to and it makes me try to be my best.

To see the glee on a childs face hugging one is priceless.

I even love cleaning stalls (most of the time) as I do some of my best thinking while scooping.

justintom.jpg

Oh, I love this thread! It's fun hearing other people saying the things I am experiencing with mine. I, too, have always been a large horse person until we serendipitously got our Dolly. Now I am completely smitten with the miniature equines. I have had large horses that I have been over the moon about and am currently very close to my draft cross mare but there was always a need to be more on my toes around large horses just due to their size. I realize safety and training are equally important with minis but errors in handling are not nearly as likely to lead to a life threatening accident as they can with their larger cousins. I love that ability to relax.

I love how they choose me over each other and even food! I love how smart they are and how much fun they are to hang out with. I, too, linger in the stall every evening while they eat just so I can listen to them.

Dolly will bring piles of hay to put on me if I sit in her stall at dinner time. That way she can still eat her dinner but be close to me, too. When I call her name, she comes running from where ever she is. So does Sparky, just runs as fast as she can go! Sparky likes to have big hugs, too. She waits till she gets them before she'll eat.

anyway, thanks for sharing your stories! Share more!

Back