Kowboy is FINALLY a GELDING!!! :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Horse Lover

Reaction score
Well the vet was out at 3:30 today to geld my lil stallion Kowboy. Kowboy turned 3 yrs. on the 2nd of this month. It was funny cause when the vet came and got the testicles out he said that they were the biggest he's ever seen in a mini :DOH!
default_rolleyes.gif
He was very surprised, it was quite funny cause he kept making comments about "how big his balls are". Its great to finally have it done though.

So how long does it normally take until they stop acting studly? What do you normally do as far as exercising them?

Thanks
default_smile.png
Now just two more boys to go......
default_rolleyes.gif

Here's a pic. of him last summer.....

kowboy24.jpg

And a couple recent ones.........

101_0312.jpg

101_0310.jpg

101_0326.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah!!! Geldings will make your life ten times easier!!! Congrats on your new guy!
default_biggrin.png

That's great. He will eventually foregive you for putting through that.

My vet suggested letting Bailey just out into his yard and with him walking around was enough. He healed just fine.

Congratulations!!! Geldings are the BEST
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I've got one or two slated to join the club here on the 29th
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

I just had two yearlings gelded about 6 weeks ago. Vet said to let them have complete turn out by themselves(or if there are other horses that are quiet, but most of mine love to play too hard) until they were healed. I let them back out in three weeks. They still had a little piece of fat that had not healed 100%, but there was no bleeding,etc. They are both 100% healed now. They didn't want them running around or playing too hard at first due to the hernia risk. Plus, one of them had a testicle that was really hard to find. It was tiny. Vet almost gave up trying to find it to send us to an equine hospital. Right as he was getting ready to stop he found it. That boy needed more time to heal and was very very sore.

I had a 5 year old stallion gelded. He had only bred one time. It took him about 6 months before he settled completely. After 2 months I turned him out with all the horses and had one little mare that still let him breed her. After the 6 months(may have been a little less) all of that stopped.

Congratulations on your "new" gelding!

Kim

Latest posts

Back