Kota had a boy!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh poor girl! At least she is in the best of care now! I have a rescued mini/pony (and have done a few large then moved them on) My heart goes out to your girl! Maybe try local saddle clubs and see if they would allow your mini to be included in halter? I have had some good luck with my local club but they mostly just do riding events not halter. The loss of an eye is no reason at all for a horse to be deamed "ugly" or unfit. Its the heart that counts the most for me
default_smile.png
Kota may be very pretty but she is very sour normally in manner but my "plain" mini and paint rescue are the sweetest things and I know they understand emotions because they will show it by the way those two strive to make it all better.
default_smile.png
I would love to see what your girl looks like! And what kind of goats? I have a passion for anything that can spend time on a farm ;) if it was up to me we would have a pair of all the farm animals! lol!!

I am probably going to start following your forum if I can sneak it in my busy day! lol she is darling!

Today is Kota's 307 day I took pictures yesterday but ended up running out of town and wasn't able to post them till now! Her mood is REALLY on the cuddly side. I am enjoying every bit of it. Not a whole lot of changes to my eyes so prob will start stalling next week as she just doesn't seem ready yet.

kotaday306side.jpg

kotaday306backofbag.jpg

kotaday306hooha.jpg

kotaday306udder.jpg

koataday306back.jpg

I ended up coming out to the farm early to clip Kota a bit for baby. Well she IMMEDIATELY came up to be fed. She was very sweet during most my clipping and her meal. During the meal she was rather NORMAL physically. I was doing a bit of her back thigh near her tail area and moved her tail a bit to not get any by accident just happened to glance at her hooha and noticed it a bit puffy. Went to go grab my camera came back she had left me a mushy poop. Checked her hooha again spread it a touch it was RED and looked like possibly leftovers of a mucus plug. Let her loose in the barn as I got a stall a bit better prepared just incase. she didn't eat any of the loose hay and just kept mildly pacing. Put her in the stall with a bale wasn't interested in food for quite some time. I had forgotten to take a pic so I went to take one and the poofiness seemed to have disappear! Well I didn't check the color as I don't want to bug her. She is eating very little bite walk around a few steps and the bite again. She has stretched her head out and held it low a few times which is NOT her normal resting phase. Even looked to be breathing a bit faster than normal. Se keeps resting with her right foot which she rarely does she favors her left. She also will lift her tail slightly and just hold it there for a second or two than drop it.

I am able to create a wifi hotspot with my cell phone so I am using my iPod touch as my laptop is at home but she is making me wonder if its not right about time....

I will try my best
default_smile.png
I am sitting on a bunch of blankets in her stall with her LOL are straw was supposed to arrive yesterday for her bedding but it didn't :/ I have sent my father out to pick up a few bales so I'm hoping they should be here shortly. I have some prairie hay i will throw in if she starts to act like its happening NOW I will just use those but I'm hoping the straw will beat her soI can use cheaper stuff lol!

Here are a few pics as of current she seems a bit clingy normally she is a bit of a distance but she is hanging out right here another change...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lots of belly "leaping" I think her hooha is getting puffy again but I can't quite tell from my angle. She is appearing very relaxed as of I did manage to get a few good videos of her leaping belly! I'm hoping she will go today as I work for the next three days... I also am supposed to leave town tonight and Saturday night.. Oh Kota dear c'mon.... Lol

Here is the picture I just took of her "puffy" hooha and the other is one I had tried to take of her puffiness but it had disappeared.

image.jpg

image.jpg

trim.PLAw6F.MOV

Attachments

• trim.PLAw6F.MOV
    5.8 MB · Views: 53
She is constantly just holding her tail up still waiting on the straw but I won't hesitate to throw down feeding hay if I need to! Lol she suddenly just got a bit antsy after she peed switched her taipans stomped her feet switching a little mor... That the first of that...

I have never seen a foal that active before the birth, it could be that she is uncomfy cos foal is repositioning.

I've been wondering that too but she is just abnormal for her. What are your experience with a poofy hooha? I have the time to spend as of so I'm rather enjoying just hanging out with her
default_smile.png
I'd rather be safe then sorry that's for sure

She got all cranky when I tried to check then wouldn't let me near her bum *sigh* but I DID notice poofiness is now gone... Lol! Since I had to head town I left but I will check her agin tonight.
default_smile.png

Oh no! That's a little scary when whole towns do that
default_sad.png
no need to apologize! All is well
default_smile.png
I checked on her about 10 my time (central kansas) she was fine being a grouch lol all was normal though
default_smile.png
I will try to sneak out there in the morning before I go to work but not sure i will be able to. I have heard time and time again "KNOW" the mare "KNOW" her routine so i have been taking notes for months and it honestly has helped as for today I got some good learning videos!
default_smile.png
I also took early pictures from behind and her side just wish I would have thought udders
default_sad.png
I will take her three day pics tomorrow again
default_smile.png
heading to the pinned to post videos!

Today is day 312 for Kota! Udder is nice and full. Her attitude is more cranky now... Got busy the last few days so haven't been able to post
default_sad.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back