Kota had a boy!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymie124

Reaction score
Hello everyone! The month I have been waiting for since July has finally arrived! This is my first foal to be born in my barn! For my mare, Kota, this is her second. Kota is 34" AMHR registered and today is at 300 day! Her last pregnancy was roughly 344 days, no bagging or signs of foaling besides a big belly, and it was an easy birth went out to pasture in the morning came back with a foal! This pregnancy she is developing a bag I think started about 290 days. Its not very big but there is definitely something present ;) I bought Kota July of last year already confirmed in foal. Well today for day 300 I took some pictures! I don't think a baby will be here tonight or tomorrow but definitely not another 10 months! LOL I will try to post daily about anything I notice but I will try to take pics every 3 days until things start to "ripen" I know how much watching other posts have helped me learn so I'm hoping mine will assist as well!

kotaday300.jpg

kotaday300backofbag.jpg

kotaday300bag.jpg

kotaday300hoochie.jpg

kotaday300rear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pretty little girl..wishing you a happy foaling.

it is so long to wait some years it just takes forever to wait all those months

can we get some pics or info on Daddy?

Shes a pretty girl and look at her mane!!! (im a sucker for long manes hehe) and of course a lovely blue eye
default_smile.png
I agree can we see some pics of daddy to be

OOPS! Of course!! Totally slipped my mind I'm a bit caught up on her ;) daddy is AMHR and AMHA registered name: Vermilyea Farms Atlantis. I do not own him so I won't post pictures but I'm sure if you google him you can find him! He is 29 1/2" black paint similar in look like my girl. He is 2008 world championship top ten yearling and 2009 AMHA world championship top 3 2yro under 29" and under. Bond bloodlines running though him pretty solidly lol. He is gorgeous! he was the father of last baby with Kota and produced a bay paint who was outstanding! The first picture I saw of Kota was her mane long and flowing running in a snowy pasture. Love at first site 2 weeks later I brought her home
default_smile.png
I too am a long mane sucker so glad her and my stallion are thick and past shoulder ;)

She is so pretty! Looks like your girl is running along the same due date as one of mine, how exciting! Sounds like the stallion is quite a looker too, you must be thrilled. Best of luck, keep the pics coming(I say this as I myself have lagged behind on pics haha.)

Hey Jaymie, Kota is a lovely little mare. What a gorgeous mane! My mare is due about the same as Kota too, so you've set up a nice race now lol

Hi and welcome to the nutty nursery
default_saludando.gif
Your little girl is adorable and looks like she is doing very well. The photos are just perfect but could you post them a tad bigger next time
default_new_rofl.gif

I am off to google daddy

What a lovely little mare!! No wonder you are excited about this baby. Thank you for the pictures and the promise to keep them coming.
default_yes.gif

Oh, and a big welcome to the Nutty Nursery!!

I am so blessed to have her. She is not the sweetest of minis and because of that she was just barely in my price range. She definitely is a "keep to herself" mare ;) And me loving "problem" horses it was perfect. I am now more excited that we have a race going on! One of my breeder friends also has a mare or two that is on this same schedule. Go figure March and April who would have guessed?
default_smile.png
not sure how to make pictures larger. I'm still fairly new to the forum. I have done lots of snooping but not many pictures.LOL I took the pics originally on my cellphone if that might be the cause for smaller. I plan on keeping new baby regardless of gender or size for two reasons. Its bound to be gorgeous and its my first how could I sell my first? LOL The last baby was a colt bay paint who was on the larger size. besides being a titch leggy he was gorgeous solid shoulder and a nice head. He also had the same unique marking on his shoulder like my mare. I am pretty sure the marking will trace down again. (she is a homozygous paint) I will try to be as loyal to pictures as I can be but you might have to yell at me from time to time ;)

Alright her mood has been the same not a whole lot of change in udders or hooha past two days, I will take pictures as best I can tomorrow! But can someone maybe explain to me how to make them larger? I'm gonna try taking them on my real camera if i can find it lol
default_smile.png

For some fun I have attached a photo of Kota early in her pregnancy! Here she is around 4 months her belly has grown so much... poor girl probably terribly miserable!!!

kotalittle.jpg

kota deep and wide.jpg

Today is day 303 for her so I took pictures of her. I can see she is definitely filling steadily with udders. Her mood has been a bit more cuddly than normal for her too so I am enjoying that
default_smile.png

kota303days.jpg

kotauddersback303.jpg

kotasideday303.jpg

kotahooha303.jpg

She is so pretty... as obsessed about showing as I am with my goats, this board is going to make me want to start showing minis too.

She's certainly a very beautiful mare - no wonder you are so excited about this foal - and she's progressing just perfectly!

I rather enjoy her "by the book" progress so far
default_smile.png
since she is my first preggy mare its alot easier for me than playing the stay at the barn all night guessing game LOL I do not live on site with them though I really wish I could. Because of that I will probably stall her in the "foaling" stall at night starting the 13th or so I will make trips early out to let her out and hangout there most the morning then head back hangout and put her away for the night. Jamie if you have a mini group around you or shows you should! I have heard it is alot of fun! I am from Kansas and I know there are not nearly as many mini events as big horses. The most are to big or far away for me to go to or else I would be showing for sure!

Back