Komokos Teenie Jeanie-what were her accomplishments?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to laugh every time I come across that picture, I actually took that a few years ago when Scott and I visited Little Kings farm, the little mare behind her in that pic is Johnstons Little Bo Cream, BOBS dam. They were happily enjoying retirement. Such TINY little ladies and they KNEW they were special
default_smile.png

krisp

Just looking at that picture sure doesn't tell you the IMPACT those two mares had on this breed.

Can you imagine how many times we overlook mares becuase they look like that............and people never look at their get.

Can you imagine how many times we overlook mares becuase they look like that...
You got that right!
default_yes.gif
: She is in a few of my horse's pedigrees.

Although, obviously not having a huge impact on the breed; we have a mare which we've had a similar experience with.

She has a pretty head, very nice neck, nice chest, but her back's longer than I like...her legs just that tiny bit shorter than I like... Just not that proportionate a mare...to be honest. We had sold the three foals we'd had from her, and decided to sell her too. Well, in the last few years, her foals are on our circuit, and are such, long-legged, proportionate horses; and talk about huge-striding! I started kicking my butt...hard!
default_rolleyes.gif
: It does me proud when I hear people talking about her (our) foals, and saying that they are the "one's to beat".

Thankfully, just a couple of months ago, the Lady who bought her from me, decided she wanted my chestnut pinto filly, who is a perfect mate for her gelding.
default_smile.png
NOW...we are both happy...again! :aktion033: :lol:

According to AMHA studbook she had 9 foals, 2 of them were mares. Perhaps she had others that weren't registered AMHA?

Rod

NAME REG. NO FOAL DATE S CL BT ST HT

FOAL KOMOKOS BAY RUM A 06659 04/25/1983 S SBA DN - 29.500

PARENT KOMOKOS LITTLE BOSS HOSS

FOAL KOMOKOS LITTLE BOSS HOSS R 03626T 04/18/1980 S SCS DN - 26.500

PARENT KOMOKOS LITTLE HUSSELER

FOAL KOMOKOS LITTLE KING SUPREME R 02914T 06/04/1978 S SBA BT - 27.000

PARENT KOMOKOS LITTLE HUSSELER

FOAL LITTLE KINGS BAY BOSS A 15121 05/31/1985 S SBA DN - 29.500

PARENT KOMOKOS LITTLE BOSS HOSS

FOAL LITTLE KINGS BUCK ECHO A 35902 06/01/1990 S SBS BD - 28.250

PARENT BOONES LITTLE BUCKEROO

FOAL LITTLE KINGS BUCKEROO DEJAVU A 42245 06/03/1991 M SBS DN - 31.000

FOAL LITTLE KINGS CASANOVA A 30097 04/20/1989 G SBR - DC 33.500

PARENT LITTLE KINGS MOSTLY WILLIE

FOAL LITTLE KINGS FOXY BUCK A 73891 03/31/1995 M RNR - - 31.000

FOAL LITTLE KINGS RUSSIAN RASCAL A 110070 05/18/1999 S SPA DN - 29.500

PARENT LITTLE KINGS WHITE RUSSIAN

I'm guilty of having Teenie Jeanie's photo that you took on our site too Kris - I still need to add you're credit!!! I promise I'll do it!!!
default_blush.png
:

Teenie Jeanie had nine foals, four of which are National or Grand National Champions (AMHA), and she's a grand-dam to literally hundreds of foals from her prolific sons.

She's a great-granddam to at least half a dozen of our horses from her son's lines.

It would be nice to see a photo of her in her younger years. Her retired buddy, Bo Cream is another stunning mare that has added a lot to today's minis with her genes!

Johnstons Little Bo Cream -

bocream.jpg

Latest posts

Back