Komoko Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a stallion named Komokos Domino Amigo (or something like that) I was never able to find out much info on him, saw 2 headshots and a few foal pictures and was just floored at the beauty of his face.

There's also a mare named Komokos Little Bimbo who did some major producing down at the Brewer's (Orion Twilight, Orion Starlight, Classic Silver Myst ring any bells, old timers? ;) ) . Again, like Domino, beautiful, beautiful face.

Wow, I feel a bit old and dated... 15 years ago Komokos was a household name.... to see a thread like this asking for info on it is like "What? Has it been THAT long??"

WOW what a great thread...I love history lessons and reading stories...How amazing though
default_smile.png

There was a stallion named Komokos Domino Amigo (or something like that) I was never able to find out much info on him, saw 2 headshots and a few foal pictures and was just floored at the beauty of his face.

There's also a mare named Komokos Little Bimbo who did some major producing down at the Brewer's (Orion Twilight, Orion Starlight, Classic Silver Myst ring any bells, old timers? ;) ) . Again, like Domino, beautiful, beautiful face.

Wow, I feel a bit old and dated... 15 years ago Komokos was a household name.... to see a thread like this asking for info on it is like "What? Has it been THAT long??"

LOL.......the picture I posted on the "dishy head thread" is of Amego.......he's 18 now, fine gentleman. He also possesses a huge leg action. Have 7 daughters who foal nicely when I breed them.

Bridges did sell out in '93. He kept a "few" for personal reasons for a few years. He had bred some dwarfs over the years, as others have stated. That said, he also had some fine animals in his herd. You had to really watch the lineage but, some nice ones were there. I have had several, never had a dwarf born, and the mares have all been easy foalers. I have a 24 yr old dtr of Little Husseler, who was from the Komoko herd and used by NFC for several years. Tiny little guy who put some nice foals on the ground. He wasn't showy himself but, genetically he passed some looks.

My grandparents attended a Komokos sale and bought three horses when they were first building the herd in the 80's. (I still have the sales catalogue for anyone interested in pricing.) One mare purchased as a cute yearling was clearly a minimal dwarf when she matured, and we kept her as a pet until we lost her in her teens. They also bought a junior stallion that would later be used in the Reece's early program. The third horse was a lovely little mare that produced three full brothers for us, and each one competed successfully in registry shows.

Despite all three being registered as Komokos horses, they were essentially unrelated. Just another example of the good and bad you saw at a lot of the older farms. We had a similar outcome from horses purchased at Hobby Horse. The only exception was NFC--the three horses they got there were pure quality.

Have really enjoyed reading this thread along with reading the stories. A lot of credit has to be given to those old breeders who really strived to put a nice horse out with downsizing. Must say they have come a long way! The statement Liz made "Saying a farm name does not say much about the horse, you need to get specific about each horse, IMO, to understand the lineage better" is very true. At the present time there is a lot of hype with the name Arenosa which is a farm name. From what I read there is confusion with it being a "line" rather than a farm name. As we know it isn't the farm name that is most important it is the names in those pedigrees the farms have.
default_yes.gif
:

Hello, I am hoping somebody here can help me with the Komokos Minis. I am trying to find info on a mare called Komokos Little Enchantment born in 1989 and was a chestnut by the famous Komokos Little Boss Hoss. What I would like is info on the 3 horses she was bred to. There was Grey Oaks Black Prancer, Komokos Smoke N Boss and Komokos Ace High. I have that he was a bay by Komokos Acey Ducey but no year. I just need the color and the year for the other 2 would even do Can't access the AMHA as I don't own a real mini and the CLRC no longer has her or her dam listed even though they have her sire there is no colors listed for them. Thanks a lot.

GREY OAKS BLACK PRANCERA 6918803/17/1990SSBKDNHS30.750
Solid Black

KOMOKOS SMOKE N BOSSA 5192305/14/1993SSGRDN-26.250
Silver

KOMOKOS ACE HIGHA 2544504/08/1988SRNRDN-27.000
Red Roan

Thank you ever so much!!! Made my Day!! Oh whatever became of Little America's Silver Tornado?? I printed off a picture of him and he is so pretty. Was dazzling white. Sabino-extreme?? Forgot to put a year down for him.

Latest posts

Back