Kodas Big Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Well my last foal Koda who is now 3yo is being gelded today. A friend who is also a Vet Tech and the best Horse Doc in area will be doing it today. She picked up both he and his Sire yesterday and her husband is having the time of his life with these guys. Boarders at her barn are really enjoying them also. People are

totally shocked that #1 they are both Stallions and the sweetest horses they have seen in a long time, and

2nd they are like angel fish. They are totally joined at the hip and do not want to be separated for even a moment. It has always been if Dad will do it, Koda will do it. She took both because the trauma and stress of the surgery will be bad enough without trying to separate these two and adding more trauma and stress.

She will take full care of them following surgery until Koda is healed and she is supposed to bring them both

back home. In the interim I will visit them and the plus is she has a big indoor arena so the cart is going up on the weekend and I will enjoy driving Jimmy and will share him with whoever at her barn wants to learn

to drive or just enjoy the ride. Jimmy is totally a beginners driving horse. Yesterday she had to send her

hubby back to the house as he was stuffing them with treats of the healthy nature. Carrots and Apples. But

she told him I didn't want obese horses so he needed to stop feeding them constantly. Of course they didn't

mind. Then he was also concerned that Jimmy couldn't see thru is long forelock so I gave permission for him

to braid it. That is what he wants to do. What really bothers him the most is one year ago I offered him Koda

for free and he had to say no they didn't have room at the time. Now the plan is when Koda is recovered he will be heading to a professional trainer here in Oregon to learn to drive. He is built to drive and because of all the white and his awesome floating trot he will be very flashy in harness. He is very dark with a very light flaxen mane and tail. Funny I couldn't give this boy away. :DOH!

Thanks Leia. The surgery was delayed till today due to a flat tire on her trailer. She decided to take them to work with her yesterday but a flat tire stopped that. So they are going to her place this afternoon to do it.

I am very nervous about the whole thing. They will however be wonderfully cared for while at her place.

They are also going to do Jimmys teeth if he needs it after a good checkup. After doing all of this I'm still

not sure what I will end up doing with Koda. He's such a good boy. I'm so hoping all goes well.

I don't get how people can't give away these guys. I'll take one!
default_biggrin.png

Good luck with the surgery. It sounds like you've got some awesome boys there- and maybe a few new mini converts, too
default_wink.png

Gelding postponed due to a flat tire on the trailer, huh? Sounds like they deflated the wrong thing!

So, Marie...did you remember to paint the big red circle with the slash through it across Jimmy's privates? Or did you just stencil the words: "Wrong horse" ?

Thanks Keri. I have a mare that drives so Koda will be an extra and his dad drives also.

Susanne I just keep reminding her that Koda is the one with most white. Today is the days within the next'

hour actually. The appt is at 6:00 at the stable. Lots being done. They are also checking and doing Jimmys teeth so they will be busy for awhile up there. I will see Koda this weekend to visit him at the physical

therapy center. He will need that.

You might want to ask if they do mental therapy and/or criminal rehabilitation for Ariel...

I don't get how people can't give away these guys. I'll take one!
default_biggrin.png

Good luck with the surgery. It sounds like you've got some awesome boys there- and maybe a few new mini converts, too
default_wink.png

I wish I had known that pre-gelding. I had been looking for a nice forever home for Koda for a couple years.

He is a wonderful little guy but has been here so long now with his sire that they have become joined at the hip. Jimmy no longer has to live alone. He has a pasture and stall companion and they literally play all day together. They share a stall at night and watch each others backs. Now I'm not so sure I could part with Koda. If I hear of a nice lil horsie needing a home I will certainly keep you in mind.

You might want to ask if they do mental therapy and/or criminal rehabilitation for Ariel...

Susanne I don't think there is any help for Ariel. With that attitude of being smarter than everyone else she would just giggle quietly knowing that humans are truly idiots.

Latest posts

Back