Kodak Moments

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicago.JPG IMG_0909.jpg

Got these two "Kodak Moments" The sunset was at home and the city view was from my recent holiday last month.

Anyone guess where I was ? :)

I cannot guess. I was going to try for US city, like Chicago, but then remember you are down under.

I cannot guess, but it is lovely.. Sunset is a knockout and the reflection is wonderful!

Chicago born and raised. Looks like a tour boat on Lake Michigan going into Chicago river. Such a beautiful city.

I see your four-o-clocks there, I have dozens and dozens of these plants a surrounding my yard that I have nurtured for more than 30 years, have not seen a lot of folks grow these anymore. They come back from the tubers every year plus all the ones that volunteer from seeds. The air is full of their fragrance every evening. I only have 2 colors now, the blue-pink and the more coral, somehow the yellow ones disappeared some years ago and I miss those.

I see your four-o-clocks there, I have dozens and dozens of these plants a surrounding my yard that I have nurtured for more than 30 years, have not seen a lot of folks grow these anymore. They come back from the tubers every year plus all the ones that volunteer from seeds. The air is full of their fragrance every evening. I only have 2 colors now, the blue-pink and the more coral, somehow the yellow ones disappeared some years ago and I miss those.
I thought I was just getting pink ones. Now I have pink, red, and yellow. They are kind of a nuisance coming up everywhere in the spring, but I wouldn't want to do without them. At the county fair last year a child entered one. It was all closed up when she brought it, and we entered it thinking, oh dear! About 5 o'clock, right before the judge arrived, that four o'clock sprang open and made a show! I tried that this year with one of mine, but is only sulked. I guess that only works for children...

Sunshine--does that mean you are getting some rain there?

Marsha, since my vacation to the USA in July we have been averaging 90mls a week. My place has never been this wet. My lake is full to the brim and currently flowing out in to the back pasture. In the last few days we have had a little spring weather but its returning to rain this weekend and continuing for the next week. :)

Marsha, since my vacation to the USA in July we have been averaging 90mls a week. My place has never been this wet. My lake is full to the brim and currently flowing out in to the back pasture. In the last few days we have had a little spring weather but its returning to rain this weekend and continuing for the next week. :)
Glad to hear your lake is full. We had a spring like that this year. We hated to complain, but even ducks were beginning to complain. thank goodness we did as it turned off hot and dry.

The hurricane thankfully passed us far enough to the east to just give us some high winds and rain that created light damage. This photo was taken the evening before our "hit" and there was a golden glow from this sky shining all around the property.

SAM_0836.JPG SAM_0839.JPG

Glad to hear your lake is full. We had a spring like that this year. We hated to complain, but even ducks were beginning to complain. thank goodness we did as it turned off hot and dry.

They are predicting a really hot summer this year, so Im happy to take as much as the heavens are willing to give. :)

Latest posts

Back