Kodak Moments

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We heard there was a well here 100 years ago, but no one alive remembers where.  Most wells here are "gypy".  Maybe what you call salty.  Folks used to rely on cisterns to capture rain water but we are all on a rural water line now.  Its wells tap an aquifer; we don't have a use limit but pay for usage.  What measurement is a "meg"?  We were listed as a drought area until this big rain.    

We heard there was a well here 100 years ago, but no one alive remembers where.  Most wells here are "gypy".  Maybe what you call salty.  Folks used to rely on cisterns to capture rain water but we are all on a rural water line now.  Its wells tap an aquifer; we don't have a use limit but pay for usage.  What measurement is a "meg"?  We were listed as a drought area until this big rain.    
A Meg is 1 Million liters.

Glad to read you have had substantial rain and not classified as in "drought" :)

Such beautiful photos. Did you know that you can use the Upload A file and have those images show larger in the messages? Or a copy and paste, just to make it easier for you. Here is a deer on the right side of the road that I came across recently.

43591438_2158131897531971_5717722161087512576_n.jpg

My dry creek at home. Not too dry at the moment due to the good rain we have had here over the last few days

Attachments

• IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
I was in the city of Melbourne on the weekend at a wedding , managed to catch a photo of the city glistening over Albert Park Lake.

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 3
Yes I believe they are. We hadn't seen them for a few months. They had been off nesting at another nearby property.

One of them was injured back in June , so Wildlife Victoria was called and one of them was taken to a rescue. At this rescue they are cared for until the carers believe they are well enough to fly. They are placed in an open enclosure at this stage and if fit enough, they can fly off.

A little weird but the night I had phoned the rescue to see how he was, they had told me he had flown off the that day. Next day he was at home looking for his wife. I was so happy, I just hoped they would somehow find each other.

Three days later they were both back at home.

They have been nesting elsewhere, but on their return a couple of days ago, they began nesting at home.

This one is always funny, because its still true! He is 13.2 and I'm 5'6, but I still suck at my vertical jump!
dec.15.2015.jpg

And this is the first time riding my guy in wide, open, unfenced area! From going from a spooky, untrustworthy pony, to a horse I fully trust is such a wonderful thing!
Screenshot (924).png

And this is the first time riding my guy in wide, open, unfenced area! From going from a spooky, untrustworthy pony, to a horse I fully trust is such a wonderful thing!

You've come such a long way. It is inspiring

Latest posts

Back