Kodak Moments

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The flowers in the background are Coreopsis,  I think the two blurry! flowers in the front are a variation of Coreopsis.  I hope got the spelling right on that.  They are a perrenial and fill in the bald spots in the garden well, they blossom all summer.

My Mom calls these spiders "Writing Spiders" becauseof the scribbles they sometimes weave into the web.

Thanks for confirming it is the same kind of spider,  I wasn't too sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
So beautiful. DO you have airplane white contrails frequently in your skies?  I live near a navy base and we have a lot of them from the jets. When they spread  it can make interesting forms. What are those mountains?

So beautiful. DO you have airplane white contrails frequently in your skies?  I live near a navy base and we have a lot of them from the jets. When they spread  it can make interesting forms. What are those mountains?
They are the Wichita Mountains.  The highest peak is Mt Scott, about 50 mikes from us.  They are not skiing mountains, but do make for a rugged landscape.  We have contrails, but the flights are usually too high up and just passing through for the trails to be interesting.

The weather is starting to change here. Unfortunately we didn't get near the amount of rain over winter.  The drought is most certainly going to get worse for many here .....

IMG_1822.jpg

I was particularly tickled with this one I took yesterday. I was just crossing the street in Fort Frances and saw this laying there on the street. I stepped up onto the sidewalk, but then turned back around and took phone out of my pocket to take pic of it. I thought it looked pretty much perfect, just the way it lay. 

canada.jpg

First thing I thought of was Canada when I saw the picture, then I see you are from Canada!  

Our maple leaves here in New Hampshire are just starting to turn.  

The only Kodak moment I have lately is the result of 8" of rain in two days.  This our farm pond overflowing.  The edge goes under the horse motel, making a soggy mess there.   Many little fish were stranded in the pasture from the overflow.

IMG_0191.JPG

Yes they are an ornamental Pear ( Chanticleer).  I have a bore at home that we are allowed to pump 12 meg of water a year from. We used it recently to top the lake up , unfortunately noone knows how much water is available and the other issue with it is , its a little salty. Due to the salt , I wouldnt apply it directly to the plants and trees, though I consider ourselves lucky to have one. Do you have wells where you are ? Do you catch much of the water from the mountains? 

Latest posts

Back