Koda is heading for training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Koda leaves today for training. Lucky for me I know this person so he was willing to take him and he just lives right up the road. He trains and drives the horses with the Wells Fargo Stage Coach. So Koda is onto his next big adventure.

I can't wait to have a safe well trained driving gelding. If all goes well with him and I can't find a good home for Duckie she will probably go next. Wish my little guy luck. He will need to first go thru the separation anxiety because this time

Dad is going with him in the trailer but then Dad is coming right back home. Koda will be totally on his own while in training. But I can pop in and visit him because he will be so close to home.

That is wonderful Marie! Keep us updated...and of course photos when you can.
default_wink.png

I will right now he is a tubby cubby. The trainer said once he starts working he will lose that appearance. I figured.

He is going to train him for pleasure driving and he will get him road safe also. This is what he does. He is about 1/2 mile from my house is all. Once he's trained he offered to continue lessons with us if I choose. I'm thinking about sending my son-in-law for lessons instead. They would truly make a great driving team. Then my daughter with (Ariel) and my son-in-law with (Koda) can go have some fun driving around together. I can drive either if I want to and I still have my Jimmy who drives. Might as well get some fun out of them. Honestly, I start counseling today for PTSD, and Depression so I'm hoping I will be able to overcome some of my reclusiveness that I suffer from. Of course I don't think too many people know about that. If I become any more reclusive I don't know how I will be able to go to work.

It has gotten that bad. Well wish us luck. Koda needs it and so do I.

Koda's a big boy now and off to school! Did they go in a big yellow schoolbus?

He is going to be such a nice driving horse, and I agree that Vicki and Darren will have a great time.

Thank you GOD! He is there not hurt. The trainer really likes him and believes he is going to be an awesome driving horse. First words the trainer said when he saw him was "This boy is totally built for driving." So school starts today for Koda. He will be a totally different horse when he comes home. No trailer rides home we can just hop in and drive him home during a safe time in the day. How cool is that.

Now off to the Dr for me and try to get over these horrible panic attacks.

Latest posts

Back