Know anything??? Got pictures!?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanespony

Reaction score
Back in February me and my mom picked up a mare called Ondine Black Pearl from Miniature Ventures pony farm here in Central OR. She was bred last year to their stallion Bristol El Dorado and gave us a beautiful little filly this Easter.
It's been really hard to find past information on Pearl. All we know of is she was born at Cherry Hill pony farm in Corvallis OR. For what I know they were quite well known for their Arenosa ponies and later was passed down to the kids and the farm was dispersed after the parents passed. We did managed to get ahold of one of the kids. It didn't go the greatest, she very obviously didn't want to talk but she did send us a photo of Pearls dam which was great!
If anyone knows any sort of information on Pearl or has any photos of any of the horses in her pedigree please post!
I will post photos of Pearl, her pedigree and her sire/dam.
Pearl:
Screenshot_20220426-155006.pngScreenshot_20220426-154757.pngScreenshot_20220426-155410.png

Her sire:
Screenshot_20220426-155232.png

Her Dam:
Screenshot_20220426-120950.png

She and her filly are beautiful! You have quite a bit of information on her already, which is interesting reading!

Did she come with registration papers? They normally provide the record of previous ownership.

Pearl and baby look like real sweethearts! 💕

Pretty mare. I'm curious, do you know if she was ever driven? In the photos it looks like she might have a couples of marks, one white spot (photo 2) on her back near withers where a harness saddle would sit and a "wear mark" on the top of her neck (photo 1) where a breast plate strap might sit. I'm not sure if that's what I'm seeing though or if it's my computer making it look that way.

She and her filly are beautiful! You have quite a bit of information on her already, which is interesting reading!

Did she come with registration papers? They normally provide the record of previous ownership.

Pearl and baby look like real sweethearts! 💕

Luckily we do have her papers! But her last couple owners never registered her into their names down the line. We really had to dig to find a couple of her last owners and no one was really willing to talk 🤔

Pretty mare. I'm curious, do you know if she was ever driven? In the photos it looks like she might have a couples of marks, one white spot (photo 2) on her back near withers where a harness saddle would sit and a "wear mark" on the top of her neck (photo 1) where a breast plate strap might sit. I'm not sure if that's what I'm seeing though or if it's my computer making it look that way.

I am very unsure. It could be possible that she may of been driven way in her past but we haven't gotten any sort of that information. I do know at one point in her life she was broke for little kids to ride her by lead. The white marks along her back we believe are bird catcher spots but we shall never know really unless I can get some more information.

Sometimes people just don’t have much to say about a horse if they bought her for resale or family pet. Then too depending how long ago and how many horses in their life, they may not remember much.

She’s quite lovely and perhaps you could get the papers in your name? Not sure what it would entail but perhaps someone here has been through a similar situation and can help.

I have, on two different occasions. The first was an AMHR who came with his papers dated and signed by the breeder, but without the buyer's information filled in. That one I filled in my information as the buyer and paid the late fees. Had to pay extra to bring his temporary papers permanent as he was 8 when he came to me.

The other was AMHA/AMHR registered. He was sold from breeder, with transfers to both registries filled. He was sold to a second buyer, with both transfers filled out. When he came to me, I had to pay for the two transfers before me, PLUS the two late fees, PLUS the last transfer to me and bringing him permanent late in both registries since he was 6. I did contact the breeder, since she was still breeding, and if I'd had any problems she was willing to help. Particularly because he was still registered to her and she wanted him to keep his roots.

I also purchased an Arabian mare who was 23 when she came to me. She still had her open papers from the breeder! She'd originally been sold as a weanling at an auction, and NOONE in all those years had bothered to register her in their names. She'd had at least six foals, with a filly on her side when I got her. She was bred very well, being a Tamerlan daughter. Russian & Polish import lines through her dam.

She was in terrible condition and vet was surprised she carried the foal to term. She scored a 1 on the BCS scale. The owner of the boarding stable wanted the filly, so I sent away to register her as 1/2 Arabian with unknown sire.

I've also had a friend with Shetlands who bought a mare with "papers to be mailed." They never were. Fortunately, I was able to look up the registered owner in the studbook--who wasn't the person who sold the mare--and once we sent pictures of the mare and pictures my friend had taken of the papers and bill of sale, they were kind enough to transfer her papers to my friend.

These examples are to show that if you KNOW the horse was registered, and have papers and transfers in hand, you can become the registered owner. It might take a little detective work or payment of several late fees, however it can be done.

P.S....in the case of the double-registered gelding, I did call the registries for help. I had him gelded when he came to me. Both registries were kind enough to let me pay the gelding price for all three transfers even though he was a stallion for two of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back