Knocked Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
She is my beautiful blond--so smart, so pretty, so good at everything she does. I've tried to instill good values, and always set strict limits for her and all the kids who hang out here. Elle is usually with her best friend Crystal, and they can talk for hours. She is very close to Patty, and hangs out with her too. Her boyfriend Ray comes from a good family, cute, good manners, but has always seemed a little immature to me. He is a real momma's boy--he can't breath without asking her if it's OK..

They used to hang out here all the time and I never thought anything about it--in fact, there were two guys and the 2 girls, and I never had any trust issues with them being together. Well, I just found out Elle is pregnant. Patty didn't even know. She's been trying to hide it from me, probably because she knew I'd be upset. Turns out she and Ray were alone for an afternoon this summer when no one was here and things "happened". I can't believe it. She's too young for motherhood, she's still a teenager. This is going to mess up her schoolwork--I don't see how she will be able to graduate with the rest of the class. Her birth mother is a real work a holic--always gone, her career comes first. Guess it's up to me to help with the baby. Her first appointment with the Ob/Gyn is next week and I'll be there with her.

*sigh*

Elle is my 2 year old filly--please read apology post!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously I did not think it was a horse, because it is here on the back porch and I figured not horse related....
default_no.gif

It is sad when babies are having babies.
default_no.gif
I truelly hope everything works out for this girl.
default_yes.gif

I have been unable to have children and would love to be in her position but was not meant to be.
default_rolleyes.gif

Robin

So Sorry, I believe in being there for them, but she did make a choice & now she has a bigger choice to make
default_new_shocked.gif

I see it pretty regularly - the ones who end up coming out of this ordeal the best are those that have adult support. They know they have made some very ADULT decisions, but now need someone to help them keep their lives on course. It IS possible to get an education and raise a family - not easy, but possible.

I'm not sure how old your daughter is, but I wanted to let you know that there's a good chance that she'll be able to still continue her schoolwork, and graduate with her class. When I was in high school, one of my friend's got pregnant when she was 16. She knew it was time to grow up and she decided to go to a school that catered to girls who were pregnant. It allowed her to work at her own speed, and once she had her son, she was able to pick right back up. She actually graduated 4 months before the rest of us, because she was determined to make something of her life. Today, she has three children and works as a nurse at our local hospital.
default_yes.gif

My mom always told my brother and I, that if we became a parent at a young age, she would always be there for us, but it was our responsibility to provide for the child. That meant getting a job and acting like the young adult we would become! I wish you and Elle the best of luck.

There seem to be alot of girls at my daughters' high school who are pregnant. No one even seems surprised by it anymore. They all still attend school and some even graduate. It can be done.

Dr. Pam, kudos for you for being there for this young woman!! But....her mother should be there too!

Don't despair, I know several successful women now who made the same choices in their youth and have been a success despite it. Yes, it's going to be tough for her and she's going to need the support of her family and friends (I hope the young man is going to own up to his end of the deal as well). But she can get through it, especially if she's smart.

And as for as how can a smart girl get into this predictament? Well, lets just say that emotions and hormones can make even the smartest person a goof every now and then.
default_wink.png

We just went through it too, my twin sisters grand daughter who is all of 17! She had a beautiful baby boy and seems thrilled but I can only wonder how it will be when the new wears off..Of course I pray and hope for it to be wonderful for them both but alas it's SO young!

Best of luck to oyu for heloing but think of yourself too.!

Maxine

I am nearly 20 and the girls who graduated a year below, a year ahead and in my grade seem to all be getting pregnant or married. It seems almost as though they're treating the babies as "dolls" and a novelty item. Actually a friend of mine just gave birth to a beautiful 4lb baby girl, she didn't even know she was pregnant!

I know of quite a lot of people (my age and older) who have had sex WITH a condom but have still gotten pregnant. I even know of two women who got pregnant even though they were perfect with their BC pills and useage of condoms. Unfortunately accidents do happen. Unless you are in a committed relationship and have been tested for STDs/STIs you should always be using condoms. Well in reality you should only be not using condoms if you are trying for a baby! Alas that is not reality!

I do have major problems with the abstinence programs as often with them youth are not given the proper information with regards to pregnancy, STDs and STIs. In turn the pregnancy rates have risen which is not very good. I have other problems with it but since I've gone a bit off track I will stop here!

Don't worry, as long as she has the support she needs she will be fine! It may seem a disaster right now but twenty years from now it will be a fond memory.

remybussi.gif

I read your follow up post first because that's the order they showed up on my computer. However, I do think I'd have known you were talking about one of your hoofed babies even if I read this one first
wink.gif

I must be warped, I laughed because I thought it was a horse to begin with, then thought I was a bad person after reading the other posts because I laughed and was obviously wrong, so now I am back to being warped because it really was about a horse.

I must be warped, I laughed because I thought it was a horse to begin with, then thought I was a bad person after reading the other posts because I laughed and was obviously wrong, so now I am back to being warped because it really was about a horse.
I thought EXACTLY the same thing! :DOH! :DOH!

Latest posts

Back