KK or anyone.....need some advice here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I know you must be sick of hearing about my starving mules here. But it's gone really bad now and I have to look at this every time I go to town and I am sick of it. It's happening right under my nose.

Sorry; but does anyone know or have any directory of someone someplace that can get something done about them since we have NO humane organization here at all. There is no one close at all and I have exhausted all my leads.

We now have a mule that has been tied (snubbed) to a tree now for three days and three nights that I know of. He has no water and no way to drink anyhow being tied up like that and is certainly not getting anything at all to eat.

Across the road, from this...... that last picture I posted of a mule with a horse.....well they came very close to the road today and I guess I should have worn my glasses last week because these animals are like walking skeletons. I don't know how they can be getting worse on all that grass....unless they are sick and of course wormy too.

So now there is a grand total of 5 starving. 4 mules and 1 horse.

I called the closest Animal Welfare person around and all they can tell me is to go swear out a warrent for the owners arrest personally. Not a chance. That's no help.

I plan on going in the morning on my way to work with a bucket of water atleast for this one tied up and hope I don't get caught. I'll take a picture. I'm really sick of this.

This is a long shot, but since we don't have any animal rescue groups, would it be feasible for some one to call the local sherrif dept and kinda demand they atleast go over there and check this out? I can't, the dispatcher is a friend and knows my voice very well.....they all do actually....it's a small place. Maybe if they get enough calls they can atleast go over there and say something.

Last edited by a moderator:
marty email me the number and ill give it a try. have you tried rescue org's further out?? there have to be some in Tn??

marty, you could contact Donna Ewing of Hooved Animal Rescue and Protection Society www.harpsonline.org .... she is fearless in the fight for humane animal care and will have good info to offer you. good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty. you can send me the number and I will give them a call too. I agree, something HAS to be done and fast! Corinne

Marty,

Here is a list of rescue organizations that deal with Equine Rescue in TN. Please contact them as they would know the laws of your state better and they may be able to help you out. Those poor mules, especially the one tied to a tree all day.
sad.gif

Horse Rescue of Middle Tennessee

http://www.horserescuemiddletn.com/

Horse Haven

http://www.horsehavenoftn.com/

Rock N Acres Animal Rescue

http://www.geocities.com/rnarescue/

Angel Rescue and Transport

http://www.angelrescue.com/

THANK YOU! And I do have an update as of this morning. First, there is an Animal Welfare association in another county, they don't do horses, but they will co-operate and "talk to the people" for what good that will do. That is a start. Better than nothing.

I brought my camera and on my way to get feed, the mule was still there tied to the same tree. This time, the rope was a little bit longer, and he had a very large bucket of water right there in front of him. He was able to reach it, I saw him.

I wanted to take a picture then, but there was traffic behind me.

On the way home, again, I wanted to take a picture, but there were kids and the mom out front there where he was, so I kept on going.

Across the road, that horse and mule are gone. I think they were out being rode someplace because there was a pile in the road.

I now have these numbers you guys provided and do appreicate it. I have printed them off and by gosh I am prepared now to use them and I will. Thank you. I will update you if anything else happens.

Latest posts

Back