Kitten changing color....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee

Reaction score
Hey guys! This is the kitten we adopted at 8 weeks from our local SPCA. The first pic is when we first got him. He seemed to be all black with a very tiny tiny hint of grey tabby, but now he is totally changing!! LOL!

Pickles when he first came home (8 weeks)

042.jpg

Pickles at 11 weeks

003.jpg

Pickles today (about 13 weeks) with our other cat.

018.jpg

I know they can deepen in color with age, but to go from black to white in weeks????? He's such a mystery haha!

DEE

Hey guys! This is the kitten we adopted at 8 weeks from our local SPCA. The first pic is when we first got him. He seemed to be all black with a very tiny tiny hint of grey tabby, but now he is totally changing!! LOL!

Pickles when he first came home (8 weeks)

042.jpg

Pickles at 11 weeks

003.jpg

Pickles today (about 13 weeks) with our other cat.

018.jpg

I know they can deepen in color with age, but to go from black to white in weeks????? He's such a mystery haha!

DEE

Wow that is different and I dont think I've ever really seen a cat that color!! He looks like a chinchilla, LOL!! Cute guy too! That is really interesting!

How bizarre but beautiful! I agree, he's a blue roan
default_laugh.png

The only other time I've seen this was when a stray had kittens this summer in my barn. Once was solid black, one was a grey tiger, one was obviously a tortoise and then one more that looked totally black. As they aged, the tortoise became more vibrant in color and one of the totally black ones starting turning tortoise. The one that started black and turned is only tortoise on parts of her body - below her chin and a bit of her chest. She definately has patches of tan and white where she was visually black at birth.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

I loved the site Mona gave -- how interesting. Also really, really liked the "silver dappled" cat on the site.
default_yes.gif

Seems the color genetics of cats are as varied as our minis!

Latest posts

Back