KInd of a cool way to start the day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
I had one of those cool moments this morning. As many know, I am blessed to live in a beautiful part of the country - we have a stunning view of Mount Rainier (that is, when it isn't raining LOL), our little farm has rolling hills with lots of huge evergreen trees in groves about the property which offer shade from the sun and a dry spot from the rain. We are quite remote and regulary see mommy deer & their fawns, coyotes, bunnies, raccooms, etc - have a resident bear and a family of cougars that have left us alone thanks to our LGD. However, we rarely see any of the male deer - I don't know where they hide all year because we are fortunate to see lots of fawns with their mothers in our pastures all summer long, so I know that they are around - but we just never see them.

However, this morning as I was getting into the car to head to work, I was delighted to see (3) bucks with velvet covered antlers - 2 of them were 2 pt and one was a 3 pt - they were beautiful - full of vigor, glossy coats - and completely unafraid of me even tho I was only about 20 ft away - they were busy snacking on the blackberry bushes and barely looked up even when the diesel engine started up. I wish I had had time to spare because I would have loved to have been able to just drink in their beauty since it may be several years before I see them again. I suspect they are grown up sons of our resident does - we have about 5 does that seem to hang out in our pastures - started out with 1 several years ago, and I think that the daughters are still allowed to hang out with their mom.

Anyway, it was a wonderful way to start the day - just wanted to share

Stac

Stac-

Would have loved to see that!!!! All we ever see here are the does and fawns too.

Barbie

That IS cool........

Any day that includes a moment like that (enjoying some of our wildlife) makes my day brighter.

BTW, Brianna and I were coming home from "town" yesterday afternoon and were startled by four Bucks crossing our two lane highway.......We also noticed their antlers were in velvet. Seeing that is a rare occurrence for us as well.

Your view was probably much better because our four were on the move!

Stac,

Sounds beautiful and what a treasured memory it made. Thanks for sharing. I feel like I could see them through your eyes.
yes.gif

Wow Stacy your description of where you live sounds like Heaven! Your part of the U.S. is one place I've not been and would love to visit. You really painted a beautiful picture.

That sounds really, really cool, Stac! I love it when deer come on to our property. Unless they are scaring a horse that I am driving, LOL!!!

I can tell you that Stacy's place IS truly gorgeous in its setting. There is nothing like sitting on a rock under a tree surrounded by the year's current crop of foals! Ahhh, wonderful!

Latest posts

Back