Kim surprised me at Sea Tac with a Christmas present!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Many of you may have heard of my mama raven. She has been here now for 6 years. She was part of a clutch of three and the reason I noticed her out of the other two was that she had a patch of white feathers on her chest that never went away as she grew into adult plumage.

I forgot about her after the Summer and she flew away with her family. Next Spring she was back, and easily identified. She ate where we would put out our scraps and soon we got in the habit of putting them out just "for" her and her family.

She flew away again in the fall, but returned in the Spring and raised a clutch of babies herself. Two little baby ravens were born (none with white on them) and subsequently she has raised clutches of three for the past three years. She now does not leave all year, and stays to eat with us and grace us with her squonking in the mornings. She has gotten brave enough to walk up near the back porch but not since we have gotten Agnes, who is very jealous of her getting the scraps.

I told Kim about her a lot since Kim also enjoys corvids. I cannot get good photos of this bird no matter how hard I try. She is very camera-shy.

Bonnie even "noticed" her once when she was doing a reading of Mouse. Mouse was being tormented a bit by the Raven and I didn't really realize it, but Bonnie asked if we owned a black chicken with a white spot because Mouse said it was too noisy. It didn't occur to me until well after our conversation (days) that she was talking about the Raven! I saw her sitting on the fence near Mouse while he was drinking at the trough.

Here is a bad one,

raven3.jpg
ravenbabes.jpg
mama is in the back, she has two babies with her . You can almost see her white patch.

mousesraven.jpg

I tried to get a pic of her sitting near Mouse on the fence. She saw me and flew off, but if you look at her neck you can see the side of the white marking which now resembles a white necklace around her neck.
default_smile.png

and here is Kim's painting (it just floors me even now) My son Colton who is five (as of yesterday) modeled the pic so you get an idea of the scale of it:

mamaravenpic.jpg

Kim even looked up what raven eggs look like! Kim is just the best (so's her fam). They are true friends and we met them through minis in 1997!!!

THANK YOU KIM!

Liz

Stunning painting Kim and Liz!!!
default_wub.png

Poor Mouse...to be teased by a bird... LOL.

WOW!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I love them all, Kim's Raven paintings are my favorites!
default_wub.png

Happy birthday Colton! (no way! Already 5?
default_new_shocked.gif
)

Kim is one who's heart is as big as her talent! {{{{Kim}}}}

Thanks for sharing your Mama with us Liz!
default_yes.gif

Oh, WOW!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wub.png
default_drool5.gif
That painting really has some spiritual power to it. She almost looks like a guide or totem of some kind. VERY nice Kim, great job. What a special present!

Liz, please tell Colton "happy birthday" for me. I can't believe he's getting that big!
default_new_shocked.gif
He's still adorable though.
default_wink.png

Leia

Latest posts

Back