Kids & Minis --

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Mare

Reaction score
Well, I had a great weekend and finally had the chance to find a little rider for my 5 year old mare, Passion. I have been working with Passion with a saddle for a while, doing lots of longing and ground work and I was confident that she was ready to be mounted. 5 year old Amber, my step cousin was rearing and ready to "ride the horsey" and Passion was just perfect. I can't say enough great things about this mare, it was really as if she knew her job and she did it flawless. Afterwards Amber begged to lead Passion around by herself. We started by attaching another lead to Passion; one for me and one for Amber and then after I seen how well Passion (and Amber) did I unhooked my lead and stood back and just smiled.
smile.gif

Passion has never been around kids here, except maybe once or twice a year when they come up and stare at her through the fence, other than that she has had no interaction with kids. She didn't flinch, spook or anything, she didn't even pick up more than a slow and easy walk the whole time I had her out; even with the party going on, music blasting and dogs barking all over the place.

It was a while into the whole event that I remembered I had my camera cell phone on me, so I dug it out of my pocket and snapped a few pictures.

I just LOVE this picture, pure innocence. --

1AmberNPassion.jpg

Amber, leading Passion. --

3AmberNPassion.jpg

A family friend holding Passion with Amber mounted as I stood back to take pictures before returning to the lead. --

2AmberNPassionNBrenda.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!
wub.gif

Adorable pictures!!

What could be better then "Minis and Children?"

I especially love that first picture where it looks like Amber is telling Passion what a beautiful girl she is!!!

Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Latest posts

Back