Kids and Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pam

Reaction score
My husband is the president of the board for the local Boys and Girls Club. We had 8 children visit our little farm, and I am not sure who had more fun - the kids or me
smile.gif

The children had never been close to a horse before. They stayed for about an hour and loved the miniatures. I also gave each child a short ride around the arena on our gentle, aged Appaloosa mare. They loved the horses, miniatures, dogs, rabbits, and our Bearded Dragon Lizard.

Their favorite part was the miniatures! I got two babies out for them to pet. It is so neat to watch the little ones around the miniatures. I had also made goodie bags for each child filled with candy, trinkets, and a plastic horse. These kids made my day! I would love to have a big barn which could be used as a petting zoo or therapeutic work with miniatures and horses. Maybe in my retirement!

I have taken the miniatures to school with me often, and the miniatures are always magical....... It is so neat to see the interaction between the children and the minis. It also seems like they pick up immediately on certain children that need extra TLC.

Wanted to share my special day with the forum.

Pam

Great, another "what are minis good for " moment!
aktion033.gif
No pictures!
new_shocked.gif
?

It sounds like a wonderful time, just a lot of fun!

Wonderful pictures Pam! Those kids look like they had a great time.
yes.gif
aktion033.gif

One of the best experiences I had sharing my horses was when I brought a mini mare to an elementary school in the South Bronx a few years ago.

None of those children had ever seen a horse before -- let alone one that measured only 29"

They had no idea what kind of animal she was -- most guessed a weird breed of dog.

It was a wonderful experience working with these kids.

This took place in one of the worst neighborhoods in NY City. It was rewarding to bring a little bit of the country to these kids.

That picture is wonderful.

That is such a great opportunity for those children to get to visit your farm. I bet they will be talking about it for some time.

Latest posts

Back