Kewpie's Rango Of Arenosa

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyB

overo
Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]We are VERY sad to say that we and the Arenosa family have lost another fine pony, one of our herd sires, Kewpie's Rango of Arenosa. Rango was 18-years-old and for the last year he had been going down hill in weight. He also had foundered a number of years ago so after we had his bloodwork done, it was suspected by our vet that he probably had Cancer, but the Cancer tests and treatments were very expensive. We all know loved ones that have had Cancer treatments which made them feel worse and most often don't cure the disease anyway. So the decision was made as long as he was up, eating and comfortable we were just going to see how long he could make it..(hoping it wasn't Cancer and he would snap out of it),but I guess we were just dreaming. We had him on Alfalfa hay, Safe Choice and Rice Bran for his founder and to keep his weight up. Just before winter really set in, he did gain some weight and we were hopeful, but these last few days he just started to stop eating. The day before he passed(yesterday the 27th)he was eating his grain, but was gone by morning. [/SIZE]

Rango was not feeling up to breeding last year, but the year before 2008, he bred 3 mares and produced 3 fantastic fillies, 2 for us and one for Rita Noble in Canada. Rango sired only 29 foals(16 colts and 13 fillies)Two of his foals, AClassic Touch Riverdance owned by Donna Pettyjohn,TX. and AClassic Touch Pestilla owned by Debbie Sims-Boosalis,WA. have both gotten their Hall Of Fame awards which we are VERY proud of. Rango also has 64 grand-get and 2 great grand-get so far registered with ASPC and ASPC/AMHR. Other owners of Rango foals are, Larry Neeves, John Hoopes, Steve Langer & Terry Brooks, Sue Moss, John Herring, Jan Tobey, Cheryl Anne Root, Margie Wegner & Gaye Ott, Mary Ann Adams, Rick Silva, Tara Casey, Val Surrage, Susan Mikes and Sally Howard. We hope they all cherish their Rango sons and daughters as much as we do
default_smile.png

Rango was foaled May 16th, 1992 and was sired by Kewpie's Topper Of Arenosa and out of Kewpie's Sanjuana Of Arenosa. His dam, Sanjuana was owned by Sandy Nicolls and she had 11 foals. Her first foal was Lasca Kewpie Of Arenosa in 1990 and also owned by Sandy Nicolls, TX. and her last foal was Establo Lajuana in 2004 owned by Joanne Anderson, WA.

Rango was the only foal registered by Audrey sired by Topper so he was unique in so many ways.

So we say GOODBYE Rango and happy trails. We loved you VERY much and will miss you VERY much!
default_bye-sad.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_bye-sad.gif

Rango.jpg

Mel and Jenny Broadhead

Wyoming

What a sad loss and what a legacy he left behind......
default_wub.png

Rest In Peace, Rango.

Jenny & Mel, I'm so sorry for your sad loss. {{{WARMESTLOVE&HUGS}}}

He was beautiful!
default_wub.png

I'm so deeply sorry you lost your beloved boy. I know he will live on in your hearts and his get & family.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

He was beautiful!
default_wub.png

I'm so deeply sorry you lost your beloved boy. I know he will live on in your hearts and his get & family.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

[SIZE=14pt]Thank you all sooo very much. The friends you make here are over-whelming when times get tough and we appreciate your friendship VERY much.
default_wub.png
..although we are so thankful for the foals Rango left to us, we didn't get any sons to take over his spot...maybe these last two little girls make a Rango look alike someday. One can only wish
[/SIZE]

Audrita

AnniesFilly2.jpg

and

Selena

SelenaRunning0909.JPG

Blessings,

Mel and Jenny

So very sorry for your loss. RIP Rango. He has left you with some beautiful foals to remember him.

So Sorry
default_sad.png
He left you with happy memories, and beautiful filly s. HUGS

I'm so sorry, sounds like he was much loved and I know he will be missed. It's hard to lose these older horses we love so much.

Jan

Latest posts

Back