Keeping cool

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I have my horses in the Weight Watchers lot right now and they can't go out under their favorite shade trees, I like to go out in the middle of the afternoon when it's hot and spritz them. They are usually standing in the shade of the shelter, but when I tell them it's time for spritzing, they come to the gate. I put the hose sprayer on mist and wet them down. They enjoy standing in the mistspritzing.jpg spritzing2.jpg spritzing dirt.jpg . Of course, once thoroughly wet the next step is a nice roll in the fine dirt. They also like standing in the sprinkler while we're watering the grass, but while they're confined to the dry lot, they can't do that.

My mini hates to be wet. The mist is a great idea. If there is no food involved. and it"s hot, mine jumps the fence, and comes to the front porch to be let in. I'm going to give misting a try. He may surprise me, and like it!

My mini hates to be wet. The mist is a great idea. If there is no food involved. and it"s hot, mine jumps the fence, and comes to the front porch to be let in. I'm going to give misting a try. He may surprise me, and like it!
Some hate water of any kind. These two happen to be water babies. But I've had horses that I had to tie to mist.

They look like children running thru the sprinkler. So nice for them that you could set this up.

I sun bathe in a blow up kiddie pool. My mini will not use his water bucket to drink out of on those days. Instead he drinks out of my pool,and then proceeds to splash me,then quickly run away. So cheeky! This is the only water sport he enjoys.

Latest posts

Back