KayKay..............

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcody

Reaction score
KayKay,

I was just wondering how your mares were doing, Any updates??

Thank you so much for asking!!

Tiny is just HUGE. Poor thing when the foal moves now it almost knocks her over. She still does not have much of a bag though. She is now a month overdue. Same exact thing diamond did to me.

Patches ughhhhhh. Yesterday she tested 3 3/4 squares pink so we should have been dang close. But tonight she only tested 2.5 squares pink. Has anyone ever had that happen??? Ive never heard of the test going backwards? Tonight Patches aka Houdini unlatched the drylot gate and let everyone out! i was eating dinner and glanced out front and saw 9 mares running thru the front yard. Almost had a heart attack. We finally caught them but Patches especially had quite a run. I wonder if this would make the test go backwards?? I have to say though it was quite a sight to see tiny running with that huge belly swaying back and forth

With our upcoming move and these mares that wont foal i think im going to have a nervous breakdown. Im trying to remain steady LOL. We are supposed to go to ohio and look at houses this weekend but i wont be able to if they dont foal.

The joys of horse ownership!!!
smile.gif

Kay

THe first mini foal I ever had was the same situation. We were moving and I wanted her to foal before we did. She didn't and she foaled the first night at the new house. The barn was not totally set up and we delivered by flashlights and in a makeshift foaling stall made with cattle panels. You know everything went fine too. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies worrying about things we have no control over.

I bet the girls loves their outing though!

If you were not going crazy where would you go??

Poor SuZQ was also overdue. Her colt was born with teeth! Neither of my girls had milk before they foaled, so I did not get to use the test strips
sad.gif
!

Can not wait for a birth notice! Good luck and keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back