Katrina claimed another victim

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
Some of you may remember me saying that my son-in-law is a lineman and would probably be going to the gulf coast area to help with repairs. I talked to my daughter this morning and John didn't go south, but a lineman from Kansas City who was down there trying to help out was killed on the job. These men have such incredibly dangerous jobs and they work 14 to 16+ hours a day in situations like this.
no.gif
It's a miracle there aren't more losses. I just thank God John decided to stay home this time.

I am sorry to hear about this mans death. I often wonder how many people are killed because someone decides to work them 12-16 hours a day and fatigue causes accidents that might not happen otherwise, what a waste.

Again my condolences to his poor family.

Bonnie

Bonnie, thanks for taking the time and having the interest to respond.

It amazes me that with almost 100 readers, you're the only one who was sympathetic enough to reply. It may not be something earth shattering, like a new pet or a trip someplace or somebody's new barn; but to this man's "brothers" it's significant. John has had to climb a pole to bring down a body when someone made a "mistake" up there. These guys are unsung hero's and it's obvious from the response to this thread that nobody really gives a darn.

Sour grapes over another "ignored" post???? Yeah.

Venting??? You becha.

My condolences go out to this family too. All the people who go to help out in situations like this are heros in my book. I'll bet you are happy your s-i-l stayed home. God bless all of them!

Sorry, Appy2 that you are offended about the lack of response to your post. I'm sure it's not because no one cares, because we do. But sometimes we don't know how to really respond. A "sorry" doesn't seem adaquant enough, but what else is there to say?

I read a lot of posts but do not respond because 1, I am a stranger here and 2, sometimes I just don't know what to say.

We do care.

Oh Appy, that is so sad! That is a very scarey job. A friends' son took the schooling for it and decided not to do it after he was done because of the risk factor. My heart goes out to his family, friends and the people that saw this happen. I haven't had time this weekend to really read a lot of posts and I appologize for not sending my condolences sooner.

My heart to yours

Fran

no.gif
I just ask God to bring comfort to this man's family. I know their lives will never be the same and this is such a terrible tragedy. How heartbreaking; I really appreciate all the sacrifices all the people have made and continue to make to help others get their city and lives back to functioning as much as possible.

God bless,

Joan

AppyLover2 said:
These guys are unsung hero's and it's obvious from the response to this thread that nobody really gives a darn.
Sour grapes over another "ignored" post????  Yeah.

Venting???  You becha.

469416[/snapback]

Well I am sorry this happened to someone your SIL may or may not have known. The lack of response hardly means no one cares but it's awfully far removed from all the many tradgedies that happens in the world every single minute of every day to all kinds of people--for some here up close and personal.

All that this type of post and attitude gaurantees is that a poster probably will get less, not more replies to their posts in the future.
no.gif

This is definitely one of those jobs we take for granted will get done and don't really think about the danger to those that do it. It's too bad this man had to lose his life.

MY husband works for Bellsouth, which is covered all over that area. They have asked him to go several times and each time he says yes and they end up taking someone else. God knows what He is doing. I know if He wants him to go He will open the doors if not God will shut them. He and I know the dangers and it worries me but you just have to know my hubby (ex-army) it's just in him. I pray that the all the families that have lost loved ones will have the loving arms of the Lord around them.

crponies said:
This is definitely one of those jobs we take for granted will get done and don't really think about the danger to those that do it.
469552[/snapback]

Thank you Jayne.!! That's exactly the point I was trying to make (even if I did it poorly).

Im so sorry to hear of that linemans death. Believe me if u had ever lived for over a week in florida in the broiling hot summer with no electric, phone or water after a killer hurricane like we did 2 times last year you would LOVE those brave people. God bless them all.

My condolences as well. These men and women are true HEROS and it it so sad that they are put in the trenches without adequate rest and relief.

I have been working at a relief shelter for the last 2 1/2 weeks 14-16 hrs a day with an hour drive to and from there and have not been online much.Sorry I had not responded sooner.

I can truly understand the long hours , fatigue and very good chance of having an accident due to it.

Bless all those involved in the HURRICANE effort. May God watch over you and your loved ones.

Latest posts

Back