Katie at 308

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonny

past member - Someone just shoot me!
Reaction score
23 days from her last foaling date. She has some signs that she is looking pretty close. I want to show yall some pics to see what yall think. Her udder is barely there but her vulva is getting relaxed and its deep red inside. She is slab sided , flanks are full, and today she has been pawing the dirt and doing that fleming thing. She has also had loose poo all day, the cow patty kind.

For the paqst week she has shown her typical signs, rubbing and pressing her hiney as well.

The last 2 foals she bagged up roughly 2 weeks ahead of foaling but really filled over night the day before foaling.

I cant say that she is ready to foal tonight, but the back end seems more ready than the udder area.

Yalls thoughts?

2-19-11009.jpg

2-19-11018.jpg

2-19-11006.jpg

udder and vulva pics:

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/Katiefoal2011/2-18-11007.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/Katiefoal2011/2-18-11008.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/Katiefoal2011/2-19-11002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd guess she's got a week or so to go. I've seen them with the loose and red vulvas about a week before foaling. she'll be one of those 'make an udder overnight' mares. Looks like you might beat my Buffy. She's at day 317, her bag is about the size of Katies, but her hind end is not as loose.

Good luck with your foaling.

amanda

Thanks Amanda.

I am getting excited and nervous.

Will be exciting to see who goes first.

Bonny, what do you do to her tail? Its so shiny!
new_shocked.gif

From the pictures I would watch her like a hawk! She has slabed out and if she is a sneaky mare on bagging, well you know what I mean. It looks like the foal is in position so keep an eye out. some mares can bag up real quick.

Hey Yall, we are at 310 and her bag is the same, if not down a tad. She is walking very slow now, noticeably uncomfy, but still chipper.

Vulva has gone back to looking less red and seems firmer again....

She is 21 days from her last foaling date.

Tremor- I top dress with an oil called healthy coat. I love the shine and the softness it gives my horses even when they are dirty. Course I do brush Katie every day, she loves the extra attention right now:)

Julie- Hope your right, cant wait for foal breath!
default_wub.png

She is on cam at the link in my siggy, so feel free to stop by and visit, we have live chat and I am there most nights
default_smile.png

I dont know, she may halt at any minute!

But I hope not! I am ready to get some foal kisses!!
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

You have to register to view the cams. Its free, just enter a user name and a password:)

I pop in daily but can't view cams and post in the chat at the same time but I'm watching!!!

Ive found if you use Internet explorer the stream seems to work better.

default_smile.png

Katie is at 319 now.

I went out to check anf give breakfast at 530 am. She was very touchy. no changes. Went back out at 9am and her udder is up She didnt eat all her breakfast, shes moving slow, and grazing on her bedding.(hay)

She sure is acting different so far today....she hasnt left her stall to go out in her paddock.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonny,

I know exactly how you feel! My little mare "Sugar" is at 317 days today and is looking very close. She has loose tailhead, loose/soft/swollen vulva, is turning red inside her vulva (just started that this AM), is fully dropped with the V right behind her front legs, has an udder so full you just about can't see her teats and her sticky/thick/creamy colostrum has came in finally.

Shouldn't be much longer on our girls!!

Best wishes,

Katie

Lucky you Katie! Cant wait to see your foal pics!

My Katie's udder is even fuller now after a few hours....I let her out for a bit but she wanted back in. Hmmmm she has my attention lol.

Hi Holly - I am now on Katie's cam site - but don't know how to answer in the chat room.

Just want to say - what a gorgeous mare but then I am soooo partial to the duns - she is beautiful!!

She does seem to be ready and I noticed she keeps looking back at her stomach - my dun mare Tequila is due later this spring, I am anxious to see what she has for a foal - good luck with Katie!!

Latest posts

Back