Karo Update!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
Can you believe Karo is over 3 months old
ohmy.gif
How time flies!!!

Anyhow........Karo is a doll baby and we love her to pieces. I am happy to report that her front legs have completely straightened up and have been given a clean bill of health through X-Rays, no bone damage!!!
yes.gif

Her back legs are another story. They were also pretty weak when she was born but there was nothing the vets could do, because obviously you can't splint or cast back legs to protect underdeveloped bones.

So a couple of weeks ago my vet decided to x-ray her back legs because while she is upright on them she is severely cow-hocked and doesn't have the greatest turning ability.

He was hoping that the x-ray would show a problem which would be correctable with a joint stripping procedure
unsure.gif
I wasn't sure I liked the sound of that.

Anyway no need to discuss any type of surgery. The X-Rays showed that she has some bone damage in the bones in her hocks that are similar to her Carpal Bones in her front legs (can't remember the exact name of the bone in her back legs).

So, the exact thing we prevented in her front legs, the casting to protect her Carpal Bones from being squished, we were unable to prevent from happening in her back legs. Her bones got somewhat squished, and only time will tell what will happen. It's a wait and see game.
no.gif

She has absolutely beautiful conformation other than her back legs, so I'm hoping that maybe she will surprise us as she ages.

Well here are new pictures, taken last weekend. I did a 20 minute clip job on her, and didn't do her legs. I had been debating clipping her at all because it's getting chilly at night. So I just did a backwards clip, with the hair. Considering I'm a perfectionist when it comes to clipping it was very very hard to leave her like this and with her legs hairy to boot
rolleyes.gif

So am I just barn blind or is she pretty darn nicely put together???

Please excuse the dirt, I took the pictures the day after I clipped her and she was nice and roley poley dirty
biggrin.gif

Here is MF Charmed White Dove Dark

29150clipsepbod.JPG

29150prosephead.JPG

29150faceeyesep.JPG

Oh my! Nope not just you, she's a lovely one. A think her name is super. Bet she's a keeper. Gosh I love her eyes. There is someone very special in her Lindsey.

new_shocked.gif
wowwie !
new_shocked.gif

she is a looker linz i like her alot !
yes.gif

she is a totally diffrent looking girl than the baby pics

man oh man she looks great very pretty and well put together IMO
wub.gif

Thanks guys!!!
aktion033.gif

Deb-- You are so right about her eyes. They are even better in person. My Mom says she has some kind of magnetism, she draws you in. And we always knew she was a keeper, it wasn't even discussed among us, we just kind of knew she'd be staying
wub.gif

smile.gif
My gosh I love her! She reminds me so in color of my SGortcake and her face seems so kind and serene,,

I just know shw will be one terrific mare for you.

Maxine

Latest posts

Back