Kandi Land Minis - "Babe" EDA -4/15ish, Maiden

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I am taking my moment to say... I HATE MAIDEN MARES!!!

OK, Out of my system. I don't hate them but boy am I frusterated.

I guess at this point we are going with her later breeding date. The mare is a complete hussy and is still in love with her "baby daddy" and acts like she is in season whenever she sees him!

Belly is progressing and she is HUGE. Well for her, she is huge. Although some of you aunties will probably say she is small!

Latest pictures taken 5/20/13... sorry it has been so long, but my phone is usually dead by the end of the day and doesn't have enough juice to take pictures when I get out to see her. No bag at all yet... just belly growth. Ona bright side, I can see her belly on both sides of her when standing behind her now!

Off of the final breeding dates 6/18/2012... I guess we are expecting baby next week??? Or whenever she decides to be a mama!

Babe5-202.jpg

babe5-20.jpg

Babe5-201.jpg

Babe5-203.jpg

Hi there
default_smile.png
she looks great and is progressing wonderfully. Her tummy is dropped so now it just needs to move forward a tad. How exciting
default_smile.png
can you take an udder and hooha shot for us please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all the Aunties will agree these maiden mares are the MOST frustrating of all!!
Man_frustrated.gif

Look forward to the couple of more pictures Renee requested. That should give us a "heads-up" on WHEN to expect that little one!

LOL!! Diane - yes I guess we have all felt like that regarding those maidens at one time or another!!

Yes, pictures of her udder etc would be really helpful.
default_yes.gif

I will try for the udder and hooha shot on friday, but... I don't see any real progress there!
default_sad.png

Worked like a charm for me. Sometimes I think they just liked having them in their pocket -- made them feel like "big shots". LOL But they all stayed safe and healthy -- but you should have SEEN the faces of the 6-8 boys that were always over "visiting" the first time they saw my "decoration" bowl!

And actually, it did open up communication lines. Not to be gross -- but I'll never forget the night my oldest son came into my room after his date, dropped his pants to the floor, held out his penis and said....."Mom, I have this rash.....what is it? " He had a reaction to the latex, so I had to come up with a little variety for him -- but I will never forget that night!
default_thumbup.gif

Be prepared... you just never know what boys will do! But in my book -- better safe
default_yes.gif
I'm way behind on my reading. I just about choked reading this (funny choke, not gross choke); awesome that you had such an open relationship with your kids.

Yes, I've had a good relationship with the kids over the years -- especially with that son. He's the most like me -- and I know people say that the child most like you is the one you have difficulty with, but this is now my "care-taker" and "defender" son. He's got a special heart!

Diane I bet all your kids totally adore you
default_smile.png
you did such a wonderful job bringing them up. I get so tired with just 2 lol

I must say I'm very pleased with how they all turned out -- and it wasn't easy as a single parent. My twin sons were had just turned 4 when I got divorced, and now they're 33 !! But I'm so pleased with the parents they have become. And I can say that we are all very close -- and they still come to mom for advice! I used to get so amused by the girls -- who are both doctors -- yet call mom to find out what to do for various illness they or the kids have! I keep telling them -- you're the doctors you should know -- but they both tell me they want to know the REAL stuff to do.....the HOME remedies that they grew up with. So funny!!

I know it's hard Renee -- but it's sooooooo worth it in the end!

Last edited:
Remember this post...

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

OK, Last night I took all the appropriate pictures. I swear she barely looks pregnant now. If I didn't have confirmation and saw her belly rolling the other day and her looking wide as a truck I would say, nope, shes not pregnant.

So all of a sudden I cant see her belly from either side when standing directly behind her. How can the baby be that high and tight? I know she is a maiden but geez!

Thoughts???

Well, there was a reason. The vet was out checking other mares last week and I had her check Babe. As it turns out she lost her foal probably about the time of that post. So there was a reason her belly "disappeared". I am so bummed. At least my mare is safe and has been given the green light to breed again. First I am getting off all the weight she decided to gain to "feed her baby"... The foaling barn was feeding her as an expected mommy and boy did it go to her belly in a BIG way!!!

So, no baby for me this year. I just wish I knew what happened.
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry to read this.

Slipping a foal happens, and we don't usually know why. But it's good to know she's ready to breed again. Don't fret over the loss, "nature" has a way of making sure they are growing healthy babies inside, so we'll just look forward to the future little ones she'll be having for you!

Oh how heartbreaking for you, I am so sorry. I lost one a several years ago very similiar to your girl. One day she looked ready to almost go then just seemed to loose her belly and it was gone. Its wonderful that your vet feels you can try with her again next year and she is good to go.

Oh no, I am sorry to here that. I know just how upsetting and frustrating that feels
default_sad.png
Good luck getting Babe back in shape, will you breed her to Willie again?

Please keep in touch as we would love to follow her progress.

Sending hugs

Thank you ladies.

I will most likely not breed her back to Willie. I have sent him home to his owner. I have 2 mares confirmed in foal to him. After I get her back in shape I will try with another stallion... Or maybe wait until next year and breed to my new Jr Stallion, Willies son... I'm in that pity party phase right now so I haven't made any definate plans other than I am thrilled to have her home with her noseyness and playful personality. I have really missed her and maybe I will just enjoy her. I am planning on trying out a "Scurry" race with her in a month or two... just the slow trot division...

I am so sorry to hear that you lost "Babe's" foal
default_sad.png
how very sad for you. I am so glad that vet gave her the all clear and she right to breed again
default_smile.png
I'm sure that you will hae a beautiful little bundle of joy to play with in a year or two
default_smile.png

So sorry to hear the news, however it sounds as though you two could enjoy a summer of activities together before trying for a foal again next year.

Dont forget to keep in touch - are your other two mares foaling this year?

Thank you ladies.

Yes, Babe and I are going to enjoy our summer. I am getting her back into shape and am going to do some driving with her and try breeding her again next year.

Two of my other mares are bred and due to foal in April. I have one other mare I am trying to get to settle. She is a maiden and a bit difficult.

I will be back next year with progress reports and hopefully baby pictures!
default_smile.png

Fantastic
default_smile.png
enjoy your summer and do drop by with updates and pics
default_smile.png

Yes, come join us when the ladies get closer to foaling, as we love to follow the ladies progress! Stop by with some pictures over the summer of you driving, etc!

Have a GREAT summer!

Latest posts

Back