Kandi Crow...she's still at it/at it again.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sickening..
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoarders are very sick individuals. They do not raise animals because they enjoy them and find purpose in taking care of them. They collect more and more of them to fill some void, exaggerated by their disease. Many claim that they "love" them, but most cannot provide even the most basic care, housing, feed and veterinary care. In some cases, they are even worse than the back yard breeders and puppy mills who are only concerned about profiting from their animals and place money over the animal's well-being. This is very sad and frustrating because even though her probation stipulated she was not to acquire any more animals, she did. This person needs professional help, and stiffer punishment.

She keeps violating her probation. And the judge just keep slapping her wrist....so she doesn't take any of it seriously.

This has been going on for decades! She initially was protected by relatives who were in political positions within the county.

I know...that's what I mean. They should just put her in jail awhile so maybe she'll take it more seriously!

OMG, again. I figured this would happen. They think they can be sneaky and no one will know. We have had a couple of cases here in this state too in the last year... just awful. One has horses of all sizes and breeds farmed out everywhere so they didnt get them all. I wish they had stricter laws... or courts that would crack down and enforce the existing ones.

I wish they didn't keep "bending over backwards" for her. There is never any accountability for her actions. Prosecution with no real jail time and punishment has never taught her any lessons over the years, and so her reign of terror on the animals continues.

I hope this time they have the guts to give some serious jail time, so she can't just relocate to yet another place and start over again.

So sad, but glad someone found those poor little horses before she killed them from neglect as she did in the past.

Last edited:
These situations suck all of the way around: the animals suffer the most, the community suffers because lots of tax dollars are wasted on everything from legal expenses, staffing and administrative fees all associated with the cost of investigating her, trying and convicting her, siezing animals and managing her probation. Not to mention the cost of animal rescue and rehabilitation and the blight to the property where the animals were kept, which hurts the whole community and brings down property values. But then comes the cost burden to the tax payers for either imprisoning her or hospitalizing her. I Agree, she needs to be jailed, that's the only way to stop her from getting more animals. Others involved, need to be punished for accessory to her hoarding as her getting others to keep them is violating her probation by circumventing the system. It is unfortunate that she has not been fully held accountable for her actions. A win-win solution would be to lock her up with no shelter, food or water, no socialization or medical care either. (But we cannot do that nowadays) The tax payers wouldn't have to support her and she would actually be receiving punishment for her crime. After all, that would be no different than what she did to those poor creatures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oregon's animal laws don't have the teeth that some states do sadly. Plus her, her relatives and "friends" are slippery. I'm surprised at the number of people that help her (saw some at the seizure auction) and buy into her b.s. I'm sorry if I went to someone's ranch and saw starving animals, dead bodies, etc., we wouldn't be hanging out!

I don't know if she's a hoarder so much as a slime-ball making a dime off those new to the breed. (she has a variety of other animals not just the Minis). But, she's been operating like this as long as I've been around Minis (1999) and I doubt she'll stop now. Last time she was going to relocate out of state.

Latest posts

Back