Kacie's Pregnancy Watch Has Started

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Calf scour medicine 🤣 " Reminds me of time I told my riding instructor I was getting a migraine and he told me to take 1/4 of a bute . He swore by it and said it was the only thing that cured his hangoverso_O . (don't try it guys, it will wreck your blood cells and kill your stomach)
Seriously, I hope you are taking it easy and letting the antibiotics kick in.

So how's it going? You and Kacie OK?
I'm still fighting this crap. No fever but the cough is still disgusting. The cold air sets it off when I go outside. Kace is enjoying all the attention and I told her last night she better get on with it or I was going to feed her Di no might and blow that sucker out of there. 😁 She is about the same as far as her udder but she is getting wider and the foal is very active.

This may seem abrupt but I have to ask…you breed your horses bringing new young ones into the herd, their lifespans can be 30 plus years. Do you have someone to take over for you one day so they’ll be taken care of? These things always come to my mind as I own a big rescue and I’ve been to ranches where the animals become left behind because there wasn’t an alternate plan.

We have my daughter and son in law that watches over Shirley and I. I also have a Amish man that has taken me kinda under his arm so to speak. I only have one employee at this time at the factory. Normally I would have one or two that would come here to the home place to help in a pinch. After my last shoulder repair and the lack of attention to the horses by the people I hired to feed, I try not to miss feeding myself.
Bronchitis: Shirley came down with it catching it from me. She sounds better this morning. It doesn't want to leave me for some reason.
Horse story. We had 60 mph wind gusts that took a roof one of my shelters as well as caused the electric fence to short out. I was greeted by Pepper when I went out to feed in the morning. Thunder went thru another section to be in with Star and Prince in the pasture. It was easy to put and tie Pepper in the stall. Thunder was getting along with those two so I finished chores and checked Kacie.(to be continued)
Had to help Shirley!
We had a new customer and I had to go to the factory to check inventories for ordering and get John set up on what would be needed. (To be continued) Shirley's oxygen level drops to the mid to high 80's when she takes a few steps. Takes a while to get her dressed and ready in the mornings.

Star, Prince along with Thunder in one pasture and Prancer wanting to rule them all one of them got their head under the rope fence and lifted it causing the insulators to slide up the post and all get together. All because after I repaired the short I forgot to plug the fence charger back in. After they settled down I called them into Star and Princes pen where I closed the gate. I was able to hook up Thunder and Prancer aand take them back to their lot after repairing the rope fence. Plugger the charger back in and this morning all is well. Including Kacie. Questions?? Questions have been called for and we can now proceed to vote!! :)^D

Last edited:
Came here to check up on you and Kacie. Hope Shirley feels better soon, is she on any of that famous "calf scour Medicine" of which you spoke? Hang in there. Thinking of you all.

No, she is not. I am still taking the tetracycline. :)^D Shirley is on something stronger. She has COPD along with other problems. She is better today. Thanks for caring!

Latest posts

Back