Just wondering~~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jill..you have a beautiful famuly of goats
default_yes.gif
:

You all are making me feel bad Wally is alone ..... maybe I'll ship him down to Shannon's so Daisy can have something to play with
default_wink.png
:

OK goat people what is a fainting goat? Are goats friendly like donkeys? Hubby says no goats but they look so cute. :eek:

Fainting q was answered...

but YES YES YES they're friendly!!! I LOOOOOOVE them! They love to run and jump and play. They follow me around. They know their names, and REALLY know the word cookie ;) When I leave they "baaaa" at me to come back
default_smile.png

Mine talk a lot, whenever they see me. But it's MUCH MUCH MUCH quieter than my donkeys! The volume is just lower. But they're not quiet.

My jenny likes my goats, but they're scared of her b/c my other donk and some of my horses aren't nice to them (chase them away if they go in their stalls).

Yes, they eat hay. There is also other goat feeds, but mine just get hay. If I were breeding or showing them, I'd have to feed them differently. THey also get a mineral block and baking soda free choice. And they browse on trees and bushes.

Jessi

Ours are very friendly too. If it gets to be 8am and my DIL hasnt been out to feed them yet---they let everyone know! Bella is our loudest, and she will stand up at the fence and call-------Maaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I keep kidding my son that when they stand up and say Daaaaaaaaaaaaa...then hes in trouble!
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin . We dont leave ours in with the horses. Ours get fed 1 cup of goat grain,(each, daily) free choice hay, loose mineral, and baking soda. We do yearly shots, and they are wormed regularly. Goats can get a bad parasite overload and go down really fast if they do. like I said...I'm still learning all about them, and it sure has been a crash course! There so much fun to have around, and so playful...ours have a play yard, with all the extra little tykes toys in it..(houses and those climbing cubes, a ladder and round spools. There happy little goats :bgrin Ce

Last edited by a moderator:
H and I have had our goats for 3.5 years now!!! George and Leroy were about 2yo when we got them... the day before we got them, we had NO PLANS to get goats. We still really do not know much about goats the way we do about horses and dogs, but we love them.

Before we got the goats, Harvey called me when I was on the way to work to say he was going to bring home a goat. I screamed "NO" and hung up... then called him back 30 seconds later to hear more.

A co-worker of his had meat goats, and two NDG that his wife had wanted as pets, but got tired of. If no one at the office wanted to buy them ($50? I don't remember), then he was going to take them to the market w/ the meat goats.

SO, it went from NO to one goat to me saying "get them both". Figured they had a better chance with us than at the meat market.

What I couldn't get over when we got George and Leroy was how affectionate they are, and how loyal. They would follow us 100 miles if we walked. They adore us on a level I've only seen with dogs. WAY more into us than our most people oriented horses.

It just twisted my heart to think what almost happened to them, given how devoted they are to people.

After falling so in love with George and Leroy, we got three NDG babies. One died (kidney stones -- first animal we've ever lost to anything other than old age!). So, we have four NDG withers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill, so glad you took them
default_smile.png
We've had ours about 2 years now. Like you, we had no intentions of owning goats! We were at our state fair (had our minis there at a booth thing for the mini club we were part of). There was "goat mountain", this HUUUUGE mound (mountain?) of dirt and lots of other stuff in the same barn we were in with a lot of goats. I saw this ADORABLE goat that looked like a leopard appy. Then noticed the sign that the goats there were for adoption... so we went to the next barn (which is where the goats were being shown) and said we wanted him... unfortunately, he was sold before he was even unloaded (people were fighting over him!) but we left with goats anyhow
default_smile.png
(we got 3 but sadly lost 2). We just couldn't stop watching them, laughing at them, and petting them through the fence! And we spent a lot of time at the goat show there, talking to some breeders and meeting goats. Just LOOOOVE them
default_smile.png

So we got another goat to keep the remaining one company. Then at the fair last year we brought home two more. Then a couple months ago I had 2 babies flown in from SC that I just fell in love with hehe
default_smile.png
They're addicting! Hubby says NO MORE until we move... and I sadly agree since we're out of room for them, but that means I have to NOT go to the fair this year haha! (not taking the minis, and that was the only reason I went, so that'll be do-able)

Jessi

Jessi --

They are so much fun!!! They're the most playful animals!!!! I love all the colors they can be, too.

Jill

Angelica, adorable pictures. Please tell me about ZEPP!! I love the picture!! He/she is adorable, as are all of your critters (some of the names/pets look familiar so you must have a relative on here as well... lol). I still need to post pictures of my crew here, but my baby donkeys are on the "babies" page
default_smile.png

Thanks for sharing! :aktion033:
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Thanx! Zepp is a very wild donkey! LOL ! He is our only boy we have and thats why we love him sososo much! His father passed away last year and left us with him! I am sooo glad because he is such a sweetheart but sometimes he is a pain but I will always love him dearly!

default_wacko.png
: I've been sitting here for 2 hours trying to figure out how to post my pictures so here goes.

My 2 house cats Uma and Autumn

This is Annabelle, she lives in my youngest son's messy room

Cherokee

These are my kids, Max age 2, Anthony age 17, Emily age 9 months, Ethan age 14

default_sad.png
not bad for my first attempt! Back to the drawing board!!!

Cheryl, Are you using photobucket? If you are I use the second line..for some reason when I use the first ..nothing workd for me either
default_rolleyes.gif
: , also, when you have insert image up and have your pic name in it..make sure you only have one http://, mine show up with 2 alot of times, and then I have to erase one to get it to work. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO computer illerate!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: :eek: :lol:
default_yes.gif
: Hope this helps you, other wise post your problem and I am sure someone will be able t walk you thru it. Corinne

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Thanx! Zepp is a very wild donkey! LOL ! He is our only boy we have and thats why we love him sososo much! His father passed away last year and left us with him! I am sooo glad because he is such a sweetheart but sometimes he is a pain but I will always love him dearly!
Angelica, Thank you for telling me about Zepp. I can see by his expression that he is a very wild but lovable donkey
default_wub.png
: He is too cute for words! It sounds like he is very special and dear in a lot of ways.... so I'm sure he gets spoiled a lot!
default_yes.gif
:

Everyone is making me want to adopt some goats too, and I don't even have my donkeys yet!! :no: I fear the day will come when hubby will ban me from this forum :nono: ... j/k!!
default_wink.png
:

Cheryl...Cute Kitty & Pony
default_yes.gif
:

NOW...to make those pics show up on your post...

Copy the "URL" of the pic on Photobucket (the middle one)

THEN click on the "TREE" in the bar above where you post....a Window will come up that you Paste the "URL" on...then click "OK"

The pic should show up on the posting window
default_yes.gif
:

Once you get it figured out you'll be :eek: in the head...cuz it's so easy.

LOL...we ALL went through the same thing you are going through right now.

MVC-010E-2.jpg
Wally in a cry baby mood ....this is how he got his name many years ago
default_yes.gif
: .....just had to share this pic with everyone!

We have several goats. We have pygmys(mocha is my fav...this years baby, trying to get my aunt to keep him), fainters, lamauncha, Nubian and a few others on occasion. They are all "halter" broke(more like dog coller) and get baths and the whole nine yards. They are way to friendly and are not allowed in the barn as they are way to loud when they hear you around. And since most of the day is spent in the barn.......they talk most of the day.

You might rethink a billy once they start to stink

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Angelica, Thank you for telling me about Zepp. I can see by his expression that he is a very wild but lovable donkey
default_wub.png
: He is too cute for words! It sounds like he is very special and dear in a lot of ways.... so I'm sure he gets spoiled a lot!
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]You are very welcome! And yes I guess u could say he is spoiled!!! LOL[/SIZE]

I want a goat so badly! You guys aren't helping matters any.
default_wink.png
: Hubby says no way. It will get out of the pen and climb on his precious truck. Gads - sometimes I think he loves that truck more than me. I want a goat!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back