Just wondering~~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
How many of our donkey forum members have goats too? Seems to be quit a few. As most of you know. I was goatless :bgrin until just a month or two ago, and then the goat fairy appeared in my backyard with a stray pygmy goat, so he became a "pet" well, we couldnt just have one , Goatee needed a pal, so Bella was bought, shes a bl/wh pygmy, then I seen some fainters, so my DIL bought Spencer and Annie, and now we're adding a nigerian dwarf billy. NOOO~~ hes not going in with Spencer, Annie, Goatee, or Bella, he's getting his own pen and house. BUT--maybe down the road, it would be nice to have a baby from Bella or Annie. Annie has long hair and is just a doll, my favorite.
default_wub.png
: Now, I have to go out and take some pics. So lets hear about your goats, and see some pictures. Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't but my "Hee-Haw sister" does - Kari has 3. Gertrude, Miss Peachy and Adrienne.

We have 7 goats.... 2 mixed breed (Maybe & Daisy), 4 - 3/4 fainters (George who is wethered, Willow, Emily and April) and 1 fainter buck (Billy).

[SIZE=14pt]We have Pygmy goats....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Right now I have 2 billies, and 4 nannies and one just had twins....and one looks like she will have twins or triplets at the end of the month. My goats are on my "Other animals page"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]And the new arrivals page.......
default_wink.png
:
[/SIZE]

no goats here any more although we used to have some pygmy goats. when something had to give i gave them to a friend, and the chickens to another friend, because i didn't want to part with any of my equines or dogs. :no: sometimes i miss them... the gal where i took my riding mare to be bred had lots of pygmy goats and they were a lot smaller than ours and all different colors and quite a few of them had BLUE eyes which i had NEVER seen, i thought all goats had that amber color. so being a blue-eye freak i of course wanted some... but i have to be practical. the dogs we have now would NOT do well with goats because the neighbor's goats used to tease them thorugh the fence (she has since sold them off as well)

i REALLY miss the chickens, the eggs were so good and i had so much fun bringing them "leftovers", they would see me coming with that white styro box and come a-runnin', wings flappin' and clucking like crazy
default_wub.png
: someday when i have time and money to build a dog-proof coop i will get myself a few again.

[SIZE=14pt]we have 2 goats that we bottle fed so are big babies. i had goats years ago and also chickens, pheasants, peacocks, guinea hens (sp?), ducks and geese too. i don't miss the mess they made so probably won't ever get more. something about bird poop
default_unsure.png
: . i might consider the guineas again someday they are so strange and i love their call. Nikki
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] something about bird poop
default_unsure.png
:
[/SIZE]
LOL....so true...it is nasty :no:

but I love my girls and my Rooster ..... he is such a sweety
default_wub.png
:

Getting back to Goats
default_wink.png
: We have Wally (almost 8 yr old "pygmy" that has fainted on occasion) ....LOL....he lives with us .....he wouldn't be anywhere else...he rules the roost here....and YES...the Donkey roost :no:

He has to have time out often because he is SO cocky
default_rolleyes.gif
:

We love him though :538: and he is a BIG part of our enviroment here.

Angelica takes the best pictures of him complaining
default_rolleyes.gif
: here is an example....

MVC-010E-2.jpg

LOL...Shannon will love this pic :bgrin

Can't wait to hear about her spoiled goat :saludando:

**Everyone needs to post pics of thier Goats :lol:

:bgrin Forgot to mention Ce ??

Last I knew.... you had only 1 :bgrin :new_shocked:

SO? what are Goats like ?? "French Fries" ??
default_unsure.png
:
default_wink.png
: :aktion033:

the gal where i took my riding mare to be bred had lots of pygmy goats and they were a lot smaller than ours and all different colors and quite a few of them had BLUE eyes which i had NEVER seen, i thought all goats had that amber color.

They were not pygmies, then. Pygs don't have blue eyes. They are either Nigerian Dwarves or Nigi/Pyg mixes.

I have 6 WONDERFUL goats, I just LOOOOOVE goaties
default_smile.png
. I have 5 Nigerian Dwarf wethers:

Twix:

034670da.jpg

Reeces:

673971b9.jpg

d4712649.jpg

Raisinette:

raisin11-1.jpg

Butterscotch:

butterscotchtoungue.jpg

and Skittles:

wether4.jpg

And a 2nd gen Mini Oberhasli doe:

doe6237.jpg

Jessi

I had at the old farm that is..two Obers, two Buckskin Pygmy goat wethers,, to Soay wethers (even got those halter trained!!) Plus My last two sheep. Used to raise miniature sheep,, normally had 10 ewes and 2 Rams.

Here.. I would love to have a couple of goats and Soay sheep again..but sadly it is not safe. The predator base here is very active, high and I do not have a place to put them in at night.

Plus my Dutch Hook Bill ducks... best breed around!!

So until then.. I will just get to look at everyone else's pictures and dream.
default_yes.gif
:

We do raise (at the new farm) d'Uccle Belgium true miniature chickens (tiny manure) and just bought 5 RIR,, because hubby wanted them.

They are a big help getting the bug problem down around the house....without them it was just scary! :new_shocked:

Another plus is nothing,,and I mean nothing can bet fresh eggs right out of the Hen house.

(Eggs from stores are gross)
default_shutup.gif
:

ababychicksmay07.jpg

motteledandbuttescotchhenfeb06.jpg

Blackmottledroofeb06.jpg

I've had goats for a couple years, I have three pygmy goat does.

I have them on my website.... www.glacierridge.com

I have a black one (with a white spot on her side), Molly, she was my bottle baby, I have Nina, who was my first goat, a carmel and white doe, who I got on Labor day, 2005, and has an....ahem....EXTREMELY healthy rumen...LOL, and I have Val, a gray and white.

Would be interesting to hear what kinds of other animals everyone has....

We have

4 horses (two QH, one Arab and a miniature horse, Jag, Blue, Kissy, Magic)

2 mini donkeys (as of last week!!!!) (Kochia and Gracey)

3 pygmy goats (Val, Nina, Molly)

3 house cats (Ichabod, Little Guy and Taz)

a German Shepherd Dog named Enya

2 Holland Lop bunnies (indoor/outdoor, outdoors in the daytime, in house at night) (Polly and....no name)

and a Blue and Gold Macaw (Gonzo)

I had two betta fish in my kitchen...but I spend so little attention on them anymore with everyone else, so I just gave them away this morning.

(I'd like a few chickens!)

Angie

www.glacierridge.com

Here's Molly, my bottle baby

6may07075.jpg

Here's Val

6may07046.jpg

And here's Nina (does she ever look like Angelica above!!!!)

e3e9.jpg

Pictures are going to have to wait till tomorrow or Tues. But we have for animals on our farm..gosh, do you really want me to name them all too?? :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:

36 miniature horses (I dont have enough room for all the names...they are all on my website, but I am in the process of taking off old pictures and putting on new ones. :bgrin )

4 miniature donkeys (Ella, Jenna, Buckley, and Casper)

2 hinnys- Snickers and Trouble

2 standard donkeys- Earl and Clementine

5 arabians-Nazarian, Sassenity, Sultan, Smokey, Ansari

1 -5 gaited saddlebred- Stonewalls Gee Fizz

2-Black labs- Shado and Angel

4 parrots-Boogie a blue and gold macaw

McCall, a harlequin macaw

Clyde, a severa macaw

Conjuita, a mealy amazon (anyone want a parrot???..all talk.. :bgrin )

4 barn cats, which 2 are purebred persians

5 goats- Goatie, a gray/black wether, pygmy

Bella, a black and white doe, a kinder

Anne. a dark chocolate and white long hair, 8 week old little girl who is a fainter

Spencer, a mostly white with a little bit of tan, 12 week old wether, hes a fainting goat

BooBoo, a black and white long hair billy, who is a nigerian dwarf

a 65 gal tank of gold fish

a 30 gal tank of tropical fish

a herd of cows, consisting of angus, red angus, and whiteface --all beefers.

AND THAT IS IT! I WE do have 160 acres on our farm, plus we rent land, and now everyone kows why we make so darn much hay.
default_yes.gif
: :eek: and I am constantly cleaning up poop! Corinne edited to add: I just got another phone call to see if I wanted another goat---hes a nigerian dwarf wether...I said no, but the problem is going to be with my daughter-in-law, she has claimed all the goats and takes care of them, and I just bet tomorrow she will come strolling in the barn while I am feeding and say "come on--you have alot more animals then I do" and I will give in! She is a city gal, and never was around farm animals, but BOY~~~ does she fit in, she loves all the animals and is so good with them.

:saludando: Wow Corinne that is alot of poo!!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

We have: 1 palomino quarter horse Cherokee

2 mini donkeys Max and Emily

3 house cats Autumn, Annabelle, and simese Uma with several extra toes front and back

a fish tank with 1 dying fish and 2 others

15 chickens not yet old enough to lay.......what scraps do you feed them?

2 teenagers that act like animals :eek:

Cheryl

I was raised with goats!! I miss them too!! The kids were soooo much fun! We had Saanan's that we used to milk....everyone thinks I'm weird when I tell them, but I was raised on goat's milk, before it became the 'in' thing to do!

I will be adding 2 Katahdin sheep in the next couple of weeks!! Lucky (who was saved via c-section and has been bottle raised....she is such a doll), and Lady....gotta have something around to get Moxie herding! :bgrin

We used to have all kinds of chickens, geese & ducks when I was little too...and guinea hens...wish we could get a couple more of them, they were pretty cool!!

~kathryn

I love reading and seeing what critters everyone has
default_smile.png
I pale in comparison, but here is our group, in no particular order (goats & chickens are on my wish list!):

40 or so head of cattle

1 Brown Chinese Goose "Greta"

Corgi/Red Heeler(?) mix "Chloe" (someone dropped her off here, now she's living the good life)

"Banjo" our spoiled fat JRT

"Roxy" our rotten ol' fox terrier

"Ollie" our elderly sweet cat - he was a rescue kitty years ago

"Chyna" cat - an abandoned teensy kitten, now a fat cat living the life o' Riley

"Gracie" & "Ruby" - my mini donkeys that I can't bring home until September
default_sad.png
I'm having a donkey party when they arrive
default_smile.png

Do I count the catfish in my pond that I feed, but can't bring myself to go fishing for? :no:

I hope everyone keeps posting their critters! Love it! ~tammy

Well, I already posted my 6 goats, but since everyone has posted other animals, too.... besides the 6 goats, we have:

10 miniature horses

2 miniature donkeys

6 full size horses

2 ponies

8 dogs (1 needs a new home! her adopted home has fallen through... been fostering her for over 2 years!)

a dozen house cats

a momma cat and her 6 kittens we're fostering (they're 4 weeks old)

5 bunnies

2 lizards

3 fish

Jessi

No Fair :no: any one want to switch husbands, i should of married old macdonald
default_yes.gif
:

Julie...its all in the way the hubbys are trained :bgrin
default_yes.gif
: , just joking!!! Did you get my email?? I actually met my hubby Bob, 38 years ago at a horse show...we were COMPLETE opposites, I had gaited saddlebreds and arabians, nice and very refined, and he had draft horses and foundation quarter horses. He made a rude comment about "english" type horses and well..you really dont want to know what I told him about quarter horses and drafts. :bgrin :eek: We've been married 37 years and still have alot of horses..just really downsized in the actual size (drafts to minis :eek: ) Teri, Nik, and Shannon..just thought I would let you know I just got home a little bit ago, with our nigerian dwarf billy, his name is BooBoo, hes a sweetheart..white and black, with ice blue eyes, longer hair...and we will probably end up taking Cosmo too :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Ce

Latest posts

Back