Just wondering what is your least favorite colour?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My least favorites are grey and appy. I love black, golden palomino and buckskins. I have a black and white pinto I just adore but red/white pintos are not a big pick of mine either. I also love dark bays.

I love the buckskins , bays, B&W pintos, and silvers

I love certain appy patterns (sometimes)

and I love chestnut pintos

Not real fond of blue eyes

But any color horse can just wow me with the right combination

For color only: My least favorite is Brown Bay. I love to see unique color or markings. My favorite color is Blue Roan and Leopard App. But a very true black (almost blue) I love to see as well.

Really and truly I cannot even fathom looking at a horse because of color. The color thing with me was gone YEARS ago. I very rarely even look at an animal and see color first because to me if a horse is poorly conformed (ugly) I don't care if it was the most beautiful color ever. I honestly do not have any preference or dislike to any color what's so ever.
[SIZE=12pt]I agree. When I took over the farm (some 17 years ago) my Mom's husband had bought for color..and the quality of horses reflected that! The only color/pattern they had two of were bays. Everything else was different. They had some awesome colors and overall, poor quality, horses. [/SIZE]

When I sat Mom down and talked to her after Andy passed away, I told her we needed to sell 35 of the 40, as they were not the quality we wanted. Not all were BAD, they just weren't good enough! Within 2-3 years we had the herd we wanted and a great program going.

With all of that said, my "least" favorite color/pattern would be a greying anything. I have ONE greying mare who rarely (one foal only so far) passes that on. She's BEAUTIFUL, but it breaks my heart to see a gorgeous colored horse go white.

Isn't she pretty though?
default_wub.png
This was a few years ago, she's lighter now.

Maybe_Indigo.jpg

On a nicely conformed horse, I love all colours. I especially love the dilutes, pintos and apps, the wilder the colour the better, and a nice shiny black always gets me.

My least favourite would be black bays (although I think a nice shiny one is always pretty) and greys.

default_wink.png
default_wink.png

default_saludando.gif
This is a fun thread! Well....... I guess colors I don't really care for too much are perlinos or palaminos, unless it's the dark rich palamino, then I think they are very pretty.... I started out being a solid color person but have started likeing the pintos (I have about 1/2 & 1/2)...... but would NEVER buy one on color! Conformation first. I do think a "dark" grey or dapple grey is VERY stunning and especially in the show pen. I have a grey yearling filly that is SO dark right now you would SWEAR she was a blue roan she's so dark! I will show her in June and can't wait to get he fully show clipped! She's very stunning..... I'm also a HUGE sucker for a buckskin! I also LOVE blue roan!! I always wanted one when I had the big horses but never have.... I still don't have a blue roan..... maybe some day..... I also like bays, I have a couple different color of bays (3 different colors of bays)..... I think the blood bay is the prettiest... I also don't mind a dark deep red sorrel....... I also think a Silver bay is a GORGEOUS color....but would never want one for a stallion...... I do have a sliver bay mare that is the best producing dam! Wouldn't matter what color she was! loL!
default_wub.png
I think it matters more in color wise for stallions than it does for mares (for me).....Oh..... and I don't mind the black & white either!
You did own a blue roan miniature which I'm very happy that you sold to me.

My least favorite is sorrel. That said both of our quarter horses are sorrel. Both the dam and sire of my QH gelding are grey and he's a sorrel.

Kim

Last edited by a moderator:
I love all the colors and am a huge pinto fan but my least favourite is Perlino. I do love blue eyes though. Wish I still had some in my herd.

I like buckskins and palominos, but the double dilutes always look a bit anemic to me, and leopard appies make it hard for me to see the horse beneath, but a great horse can do wonders with a blah color (for example, I LOVE Billy Idol). I think I'm more attracted to the solids from showing Quarters and Arabs. A really upright chestnut or bay with chrome always gets my attention, and I'm very partial to greys because of my old show gelding. He started a dark bay and by his teens had a snow white body with black points--it was pretty cool.
default_yes.gif
Somehow I ended up with a farm full of silvers, and I can't seem to stop myself from buying more, so I guess I must like them too.

My least favorite is grey. I love pintos and appies, and the grey will just make that disapear.

I'm also not a fan of blacks and light palominos or any double dilutes. BUT I have seen some in those colors that I LOVE. There is a black at my trainers I would LOVE to have in my barn... and of course I LOVE my black Friesian...

Jessi

I have to post this since so many have said different, I really love greys!
default_biggrin.png
Nothing prettier than to see a grey horse with a dark background, and I like them when they are mottled up grey even, dark in areas while getting lighter in others. Oh well......

It's funny how a persons taste can change, when we first got into mini's back in 97 I could not understand what was so special about a brown horse. Now I think bays are absolutey beautiful! Especially if they have face chrome and add socks to the mix and
default_new_shocked.gif
hubba hubba
default_biggrin.png
Now we own several of those brown horses.
default_yes.gif

I guess my least favorite color now would be a double dilute.....even tho I have seen several I wouldn't mind owning. As already mentioned I think any color is good as long as it is on a good horse, and while I am grooming a horse it always amazes me how very beautiful the colors can be.

I don't like blue eyes or light colors. I have a very light sorrel though but I don't really like it.

I do like grey, some roans and sometimes appaloosas catch my eye, but my favorite is the dark colors, bays and black.

My favorite horse color is anything "white." And I LOVE blue eyes. They're my favorite.

I also love overo and blanket apps.

My least favorite would be solid black or solid dark bay. the brighter red bays i like, the darker muddy ones not so much.

The question was about color and not pattern (or conformation) so I'll have to say MUD BROWN is the only color I don't really like. When people ask me to look at a horse for them, I tell them to look past the neat color/pattern and picture the horse mud brown and if you don't like the conformation, to pass. I'd rather have a mud brown with great conformation, than a colorful horse with poor conformation!

I love all other colors!

My least favorite is perlino Im just not a fan of pink skin...

My favorite would have to be black and red dun and I really love a well colored silver bay like the one in my avatar.

I hate that everyone dislikes grey so much..I LOVE EM!!! Which is a good thing considering I have two and one that looks grey but is really black sabino.

Here is my beautiful Dancer who is almost white as a yearling

317175334.jpg

And here is Katie who still has black points at 5 years old

286619753.jpg

IMO grey is a beautiful colour BUT in saying that I can understand how people breeding for specific patterns dont like grey.

Cool thread Mary
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The question was about color and not pattern (or conformation) so I'll have to say MUD BROWN is the only color I don't really like. When people ask me to look at a horse for them, I tell them to look past the neat color/pattern and picture the horse mud brown and if you don't like the conformation, to pass. I'd rather have a mud brown with great conformation, than a colorful horse with poor conformation!

I love all other colors!
Robin --

I do the same thing!!! If I see a horse I think I really like, I always ask myself "would you like it even in brown?" Sometimes I would, sometimes not so much!!!

Jill

Thanks for all that replied, I find this very interesting
default_wub.png

Makes me think and surprised at some answers.

I have to say im a sucker for a black horse. I have three minis and two of them are blacks. Now least favourite would have to be "white". I do however love grays.

Latest posts

Back