Just wondering what is your least favorite colour?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Yes, first should be conformation.....

We are all different, thank goodness.

The reason I said least favorite, sure would hope would be less.

Too many favorites to list.

My least favorite colour is gray's and bays, oh I'm a poet and did not know it...
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My least favorite color is sorrel/chestnut, and gray. Funny thing though, is that my most recent addition is a chestnut mare.
default_biggrin.png
She's beautiful, but I *do* plan on breeding her to my perlino so that I don't get any chestnut foals.

Bays and certain gray colours will be my least favorite.

I love the light silvers.... I am so, so on chestnuts, but bought one to cross with either our sorrel and white homozygeous stallion or black and white leopard appie.

cremillo perlino palomino are my least favorite.

I don't like most Appies or "white" Miniatures, from maximum expression pintos to double dilutes.

I really like most colors with a preference for solids (but love face white). My favorite colors are cream dilutes, and so I have 5 buckskins, 2 palominos and 3 perlinos. I also love silver dapples and greys and have some of these, too.

My least favorite colors are the silvers & greys. BUT....love pintos, so don't really want grey or silver to dilute the actual "real" color. I no longer have any silver based horses in my herd and unless an individual was exceptional, would not buy another one.

You know, I can't even read straight today. I thought you asked favorite color, then wondered why everyone else was so negative about what they don't like
default_biggrin.png

My least favorite colors are brown-bay (but love a red bay especially with white) and most appy colors / patterns.

In the "to look at" department, double dilutes are not the easiest color on my eyes (though I do like them fine), but I really love that they produce buckskins and palominos which are real easy on my eyes... This is what one of my perlinos "did" this spring which makes my point about why I like 'em (perlinos)
default_wub.png

Cover%20Girl%20Mares%204.jpg
Cover%20Girl%20Mares%202.jpg

You know, I can't even read straight today. I thought you asked favorite color, then wondered why everyone else was so negative about what they don't like
default_biggrin.png

My least favorite colors are brown-bay (but love a red bay especially with white) and most appy colors / patterns.

In the "to look at" department, double dilutes are not the easiest color on my eyes (though I do like them fine), but I really love that they produce buckskins and palominos which are real easy on my eyes.
Put least in red for others to see, thanks Jill...

I just thought you liked all colours.
default_wink.png

My least favorite color is a appy-any color-don't kill me here. I have never been a appy fan. I don't like the mottled faces. And that said we own a leopard appy (full sized) gelding that we rescued years ago. I of course do like him
default_smile.png
but for special reasons. And honestly I love a grey or silver dapple that is in show coat. They glisten and are gorgeous.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I think buckskins and black and white always sell. I don't intentionally breed for buckskins but we get alot because the mares I like are usually dilutes and they usually sell pretty fast. I don't have much for black and whites but I watch the sale board and a pretty black and white sells quickly.
default_yes.gif

I think color is definitely a choice factor but conformation will always be first.

But I will pick a solid black horse anytime over colors or combinations.

I never was an appy fan but do admire the black appies with blankets.

I do like pintos with limited white but after all is said and done, I love minis period.

They could be sky blue pink and I'd love them just the same.

Joyce

I really go more for conformation and what I like...some just catch my eye and I go more on that then color. I do LOOK at the "EYE" on a horse. I think it tells an aweful lot about the animal.

My least favorite are the washed out colors. I like the deep rich colors. I didn't like sorrel/chestnut, but now I have one. I breed appies but I don't like the varnish roan that roan on there faces and I have 2 of those. I don't like the brownish silver dapples, but I have 1 of those too. I don't like the grays when they are still graying out. (don't have any of those). I don't like the pintos that are mostly white. I like the perlinos and cremellos when they are clean. I love the buckskins and still want one of those!

But I see a beautiful horse in the show ring and can look beyond color for the most part.

Really and truly I cannot even fathom looking at a horse because of color. The color thing with me was gone YEARS ago. I very rarely even look at an animal and see color first because to me if a horse is poorly conformed (ugly) I don't care if it was the most beautiful color ever. I honestly do not have any preference or dislike to any color what's so ever. Now if a knife was held to my throat I would have to say my least favorite PATTERN/Color is appy.

My least favorite would by anything appy. But I have seen a few I do like...Catch for instance
default_wub.png

Basing only on color-- really only palamino, cremello, and perlino. I really like to stay away from blue eyes.

Latest posts

Back