Just wondering what is your least favorite colour?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My least favorite colors are the browns, faded blacks, and some of the chestnut colors. I think buckskin, palomino, silver dapple, silver bay, and flashy paints are more of what I prefer. I don't mind grey if it is a deep grey with lots of dapples. Oh and I'm not too crazy about pink skinned horses either.

I really have a hard time looking at a colorful appy and seeing the conformation. I just don't like the mottling color. A blanket isn't too bad though. Otherwise, I like most any color on a nice horse.

Angie

My least favorite would be greys, most appys, and any bald face. I LOVE pintos, but know alot of people that perfer solids, to each their own. Thank goodness minis come in all colors to satisfy all likes
default_wink.png

I don't think I have a least favorite color. I love a well put together horse no matter what color they are. I do get turned off, if you will, by a horse that has a change in color (like pinto) at certain points that makes the conformation look off. I do like pintos so I do not consider them undesired.

Fran

Least favorite would be greys/reds - and I just bought 2 grey horses - LOL!!! It's more for breeding than actual eye-appeal.

Eye appeal = well my eye always goes to blacks and red bays love those colors with any of the modifers (ie - solid, with chrome, pinto, appy, etc).

But any healthy well conformed horse is appealing to me - there isn't a bad color on a good horse!

My least favorite color is grey, with silver not far behind. I love buckskin pinto and just added a filly that is an Alvadar's Double Destiny grand daughter to my small herd.

Well, I have to put in my .02 worth...

I dont care for the washed out colors either or dilutes really.... and to me, pintos all look the same..... it takes a REALLY odd colored one to catch my eye at all. I wont mention what my obvious favorites are, LOL

I do like the richer basic colors though- black, bay, sorrel.........

Sorrel/Chesnut , Perlino, That fading black/bay , Roans

But that said I have seen hroses those colours I would of bought in a instant LOL.

A great horse is never a bad color
default_smile.png
Fran you should post your grey horse. My promise is a solid grey and people just go nuts over her. I will admit grey is not so great if you are breeding pintos but its stunning when you see it in person. I wouldnt trade Promise for any other color. Ill have to post pics when Im done clipping her.

If I had to pick one color as my least favorite it would be sorrell

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
This is a fun thread! Well....... I guess colors I don't really care for too much are perlinos or palaminos, unless it's the dark rich palamino, then I think they are very pretty.... I started out being a solid color person but have started likeing the pintos (I have about 1/2 & 1/2)...... but would NEVER buy one on color! Conformation first. I do think a "dark" grey or dapple grey is VERY stunning and especially in the show pen. I have a grey yearling filly that is SO dark right now you would SWEAR she was a blue roan she's so dark! I will show her in June and can't wait to get he fully show clipped! She's very stunning..... I'm also a HUGE sucker for a buckskin! I also LOVE blue roan!! I always wanted one when I had the big horses but never have.... I still don't have a blue roan..... maybe some day..... I also like bays, I have a couple different color of bays (3 different colors of bays)..... I think the blood bay is the prettiest... I also don't mind a dark deep red sorrel....... I also think a Silver bay is a GORGEOUS color....but would never want one for a stallion...... I do have a sliver bay mare that is the best producing dam! Wouldn't matter what color she was! loL!
default_wub.png
I think it matters more in color wise for stallions than it does for mares (for me).....Oh..... and I don't mind the black & white either!

I will never own an appy horse. So that is a given.

But my least favorite colors (ones that I would consider on just the right horse) is grey and loud pinto.

Bays and chestnuts are kind of boring, but not offensive to my eye like the louder horses or horses with a lot of white.

I don't think the double dilutes are very attractive to look at, but they aren't as bad as a loud horse.

Andrea

Silver black, grey, and I'm not wild about palominos. But I have clay dirt here, after it rains any light colors turn orange, ick!

That said, I've seen horses in all those colors that I would consider owning.
default_wink.png

Usually my first response is bay, but as my first mini turned out to be bay and he is a lovebug, I just don't know. [We thought he was dark buckskin as he's from two buckskin parents.]

Ummmm. Okay, going ONLY on colours/patterns least prefered, I'd say appy and paint. Love Greys, Bays, Bucksins/Duns, Palominos, Blacks, etc. -can you tell I love solids? LOL-.

Last edited by a moderator:
My least favorite color would be the double dilutes and chestnut/sorrels, though my AQHA guy is a sorrel and he's pretty handsome
default_wub.png
My least favorite 'pattern' would be solid without "chrome" (probably get yelled at for that term
default_wink.png
), I love those wild pintos, appaloosas and pintaloosas but do like a pretty solid with face and leg white
default_yes.gif

My least favorites would be perlino and cremello. Blue eyes freak me out too.
default_new_shocked.gif

I have never really cared much for Appies.. But I would never turn a good horse down because of their color.
default_smile.png

I think it is funny how a lot of people don't like greys. I personally LOVE greys, especially on my boy Zeus. There is just something there that makes a grey stand out.

My least favorite would be cremellos, perlinos, and certain appys. I also don't really like medicine hat pintos.

I prefer solids , but i do have a few pintos. I do not, however, care of the appy paterns ...the leopards are pretty neat though i must admit. Call me boring, i would take a solid black horse anyday
default_biggrin.png

default_smile.png

Back