Just wanted to share pictures of my pregnant mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Karen~

Reaction score
This is our mini that was bred to a donkey. The picture was taken last October.

Now that it has sunk into my skull that we are actually going to have a little one running around soon, and I am feeling a bit more knowledgeable and nearly all set for it's arrival, I am beginning to feel a little excited about it.
default_wub.png

I can't help but wonder what that little mule.... ahhh, long ear, will be colored up to look like! :)

Just wondering if anyone would like to take a stab at what color it may turn out to be.

The Jack is that familiar mousey color with a stripe across the shoulders.

I will show you a picture of Jessie. She is a black pinto(?) with a little red tint from sun bleach (the black stays dark in the summer). I have never seen her parents or know anything about them, so I just have Jessie's color / markings to go by.

(I apologize that I cannot figure out how to get my picture posted straight onto here... it has been a while.)

Do you think that the little mule will be spotted, if so, black and white spotted?

My Webpage

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no experience with breeding to a donkey, but I have to say your mare is very pretty and it appears, very well loved!

If you can post more close-up pictures of her and all her "areas" some of the more experienced breeders might give some input on how close they think she is (or isn't).

That might really help you out so that you can try to be around when the baby is born!

Thank you.

I have tried to get my computer to upload some pictures, but I am nt sure what is going on with my copier/printer at this time, it won't let me scan. :-( I will have to try to figure it out as I had just noticed this problem when I was trying to upload for this post. Computers frustrates me.
default_wacko.png

Thank you for the compliment Three-CFarm. Yes. She is very very well loved. My 7 yr. old daughter (in the pix) lavishes on her baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen, She is very pretty and your daughter looks to have a sweet friend.
default_wub.png

I love mules so I am in hopes for a mule foal!

looking forward to the pictures!

Latest posts

Back