Just wanted to say hello and intraduce my self

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from S.W. Missouri. You'll have so much fun with mini's. I got my first one 3 years ago and never looked back. I started driving just this past season and it's been a lot of fun. You'll wonder, gee why didn't I do this sooner..... ENJOY!!!!!

Taylor Jo

Welcome! Cute guy you chose.
default_biggrin.png
I watched the video and I can't tell if its the same horse or not but I'm pretty sure if it is he is not a yearling in the video clip. Are you sure of how long he's been standing around? Seems like he might have been trained more recently than 2 years ago. Anyway you have a LUCKY wife
default_wink.png
Glad you have decided to join us here.

ps Right now its a buyers market for minis. No sense waiting too long for that inevitable #2 LOL

thanks again everyone. Man I got to say this has to be the nicest bunch of folks I have ever seen on one forum. As for the time line I really cant say for sure. Looking at the dates on the registry forms I would say the guy I bought him from had only had him about a year and that would mean that he has only been in the pasture for that time. I was just going off what I was told.

How do I go about getting him transferred and permanently registered? Is it as simple as signing everything and sending it in. I have read about the dna testing and photos but to be honest I need to read a bit more to fully understand what is and isn't needed.

I think I may need to keep my wife off here though. If she comes on here and reads this she is going to want a friend for him even faster.

Mike

Mike, your wife is a lucky woman, and Dandy is a lucky little horse! You're all going to have such a wonderful time.

Keep in mind that "trained to drive" can mean many different things to different people. I'd look around for someone experienced at driving to double-check how well-trained he actually is, and to give you all a lesson or two (assuming that you haven't driven previously).

Have fun, and make yourself at home here on the LB forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
MIke you will need 4 pictures for registering him one of each side, front and back. No need to DNA for AMHR(that I'm aware of at least, perhaps someone more versed in the R registry will chime in here) but if you plan to breed him and reg. AMHA as well he must be DNA'd before his foals are registerable. My advice would be to e-mail the registry and ask for a copy of the rule book. Then you will have all the info at your finger tips.
default_smile.png

(I think you are doomed whether you "allow" her on here or not in regards to your wife wanting another. Besides, we all know that even tho she may have to take the blame you will not be faultless lol after all, you started the ball rolling with Dandy)

Reignmaker Miniatures I will admit you are right. I grew up riding horses and mules. Most would call me crazy but would rather ride a mule. I had a couple of great ones and they just spoiled me. So I would be just to blame for winding up with more. As a matter of fact I have had it in my mind before I even had dandy bought. That was more of a off handed joke but humor does not always come through the keyboard very well. Thanks for the info on registering him I will get a email out tonight for a book.

susanne You are quite right about "trained to drive" being different for different people. I have no experience with mini's but I do have a good bit with full size horse's. I have driven teams of 4 but that was a 15 years ago. Since starting my search for the little guy I have found out that here are a lot of people in the area that are into mini's. I was really quite surprised at the large number of them that are around. Kinda funny but it is something that I had never noticed before. I intend to treat him as if he has never been worked with hopefully the video is him if so it will show up quite fast.

Mike

Congratulations to your wife not only for her new mini but for a great husband as well.

As for updating his papers, he is AMHR only so you will need the 4 pictures (each side, front and back) taken on a level clear surface, driveway, barn isle, something like that. They need to see all four legs clearly. Then you should have either a transfer paper or the actual papers will be signed to transfer him. Also because he turned 3 on March 31, you will need to get his measurement and also on the registration papers will be a place to take him permenant. You can do all of this at the same time. You can also get a work order that will tell you the cost of it all from the AMHR website, www.shetlandminiature.com .

If you have other questions, there are a lot of folks on here that can help you out.

Good luck and mini happy days ahead for you both.

Karen

Hi Mike
default_saludando.gif
and welcome to the forum. When I have my birthday could you give my husband some suggestions?
default_wink.png

Dandy is a cutie. Your a great guy! A horse womans dream come true! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new little guy.

default_saludando.gif
Welcome to the forum Mike from Southern Ontario, Canada
default_smile.png
Your wife is a lucky woman and you and her are going to have all sorts of fun with Dandy.

Yvonne

Welcome to the wonderful world of minis, it won't be long and you'll have more, its inevitable.

You've gotten lots of great information about pictures for registration, just one more thing; it helps greatly to get down to their level to take the pictures (kneel), it helps keep the pictures in perspective.

Karen thanks for the info. I will print the work order out and get it all started. I have to ask how did you know the foaled date, I didn't post it.

thanks for the welcome and the complements everyone.

SampleMM Don't know how much help I can be with that.

chandab thanks for the tip's on the photos.

Mike

Well Mike I would love to say because I am very good at what I do, I research pedigrees. But because you gave the full name of your wife's new horse, I looked him up on the AMHR online studbook and saw his birthday, I actually have a mare that is exactly one year older than he is, born on the same date. So it was just a couple of clicks and there was the information.

Karen

Well that makes since. I tried exploring the site some but we live out in the sticks and only have a 24.6k connect rate. It makes it very hard to load pdf's from home. They tend to lock up the computer and everything I clicked on was a pdf so I decided to want tell I can get on at work.

Mike

Welcome Mike, from the land down under...Australia!

What a super husband you are! I have one just like you.
default_smile.png
He suprised me with my 2nd mini. I should have known there was an ulterior motive though...he wants a Harley!
default_wacko.png

You guys are going to love owning a mini (or 2). They are amazing little animals and so full of love.

I should have known there was an ulterior motive though...he wants a Harley!
default_wacko.png
I truly laughed when I read that. I love bikes and would love to have a Harley someday but that is a long way down the road. Maybe she will return the favor someday and I will come home to find a nice chopped dropped and raked bike setting in the drive way.
default_wink.png

Mike

Hi Mike! Sorry I'm late in welcoming you!
default_saludando.gif

Your wife has a great gift and a great hubby! If Dandy is hers, I think you need to get another mini to be yours. Get one named Harley! LOL!

Dandy is really cute. Sounds like you're enjoying him already!

This forum is the BEST place to be to find info, help, meet great people, and learn.
default_yes.gif

Robin

If Dandy is hers, I think you need to get another mini to be yours. Get one named Harley! LOL!Robin
Mike,

Robin has a GREAT idea!
default_laugh.png
It's meant to be, so you might as well go ahead and pick yourself one out. You can't have just one... or two... or three! Oh my, this little guys are contagious. I think there should be a 12-step group for mini owners!
default_whistling.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Hello Everyone!!
default_saludando.gif
[/SIZE]

I am Amanda. Michael's wife. I would like to say Thank-You to all of you who greeted us and had very nice comments. Michael is a great husband and I could not ask for more; except a mare for Dandy! lol
default_rolleyes.gif
I appreciate all the help, I will accept any and all information. I am new to this and so far I am loving it!!! The minis I have seen are cute!! I like the name Harley for a colt. I agree with Robin about getting Michael a mini!!
default_yes.gif
They do keep you busy!! Well Thanks Again! I will be back soon!!

[SIZE=12pt]
default_saludando.gif
[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Amanda K.[/SIZE]

HI

Welcome from Florida. I really like your new mini and he looks about like my Joe. We bought my Knick first and after talking with the wonderful Forum Friends that told us he needed company we went back three weeks later and got Joe. They were both 3 weeks old when I put my down payments and we had to wait 4 months until they were weaned. They turned 4yrs old last March and what joys. I am so happy for you and many years of fun with your mini. FLFlyingW

Latest posts

Back