Just Received Outstanding Stallion book

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow, I have had fun looking through "Outstanding Miniature Horse Stallions Past and Present". I especially liked the way the author had horse owners give personal comments about the horses. My first horse was a Van't Huttenest, and I was intrigued to read about the line. Reading the book brought home to me about the importance of researching what line to go with, depending on what one wants to do with the horse. It was also thought provoking about expectations of a horse from a certain line. My avatar photo is Wacrapas Dapper Dan from the Van't Huttenest line, my first miniature.

Marsha

I got mine yesterday! Pat Elder did a wonderful job putting this book together!
smile.gif
Kudos to her!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

And of course, I'm a little bit biased as my beautiful Harts Tip Top Flash is featured in there!
biggrin.gif

Where and how did you find the book? I wouldn't mind having a copy.

Becky, you have every right to love the book!

Oh, YAY!!!!! I really hope I get mine before I leave for Nationals on Saturday, will be good airplane reading material, not to mention I can get my book signed by the author!!!

For those who do not have the book on order yet, you can get it at http://www.smallhorse.com

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I got mine yesterday, too, and am really enjoying looking through it and reading up on some of the stallions featured.

You can get the book at Nationals and Pat will be there to sign them.

I recieved mine yesterday...Have to admit it made me smile and cry all at the same time. I was and am so proud of Sure Man...I have never had more than 8 Mini's and to have him be such an impact on my foals and my life is amazing..

I went out and told him you are now in print and will never be forgotten. Being Sure Man he just looked at me and said ok.... ok....stop the tears & pour the grain...lol Just got to love him...
wub.gif

angie

i always get such a kick out of your relationship with your sure man
smile.gif
everytime you type about him i can just feel the love you have for him

yes.gif
yes.gif
Ohhhh, I can't wait to get my copy...I look in my little Ole mail box each afternoon hoping to see it.
new_shocked.gif

Like Angie, I am sure I will cry...I am a small breeder that has put my heart and soul into My guy "Dickens"! I am so very proud of this little horse...his heart is so giant for his little body!
wub.gif
I always tell my Husband, if something happens to that little horse...make the hole big enough for me
wacko.gif

Angie...congratulations on Sure Man...What a Man!!!! I saw his Son last year at the show with Mike...WOW, amazing motion...very, very nice!!
yes.gif

Seems you and I have a thing for Little men
wink.gif
wink.gif
the old saying is true though "great things can come in small packages"
yes.gif

lis

Becky...Congratulations to you too...I just went back to read everyones...You have a AWESOME Stallion too
wub.gif
...I can see why you are so very proud
yes.gif

Lis

kaykay said:
angie
i always get such a kick out of your relationship with your sure man
smile.gif
everytime you type about him i can just feel the love you have for him

463305[/snapback]

Oh no...... does it show that much...
wub.gif
Well its true....I know I can go on and on about him.....maybe I am just getting old and senile....no thats not it...I have always talked about him in that way...for 13 years now...
biggrin.gif

Thank you Liz...I appreciate the kind words....I love seeing his kids in the ring.....

I'm so glad that everyone is enjoying my book! And, yes, I will be doing book signings at both Nationals.

In Tulsa, I'll be there both Saturdays, the 10th and the 17th, from 11 am to about 2 pm in the Ozarks Mtns. Tack booth. In Fort Worth, I'll be at Ozark Mtns booth on Sunday the 2nd and Friday the 7th, at the same times.

I hope to meet each and every one of you there!

Oh, for those of you who don't want to order your books, both Ozark Mtns and Starlake Farms Tack with be selling copies.

Wishing everyone a FANTASTIC National!

Thanks for the link! I just ordered it too! I love my horse books!!!

And just listed today, is a copy of this book that will be signed by Pat, and has been donated by Davie Killman, on the Hurricane Relief auction on the LB Last Chance Auction
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
ClickMini,

Thanks so much for the link!! I just ordered two books - one for me and one for Marnie!!!
aktion033.gif

rolleyes.gif
What a coincidense...I just ordered that book about one hour ago! It appealed to me and looked very interesting, and now I'm reading this topic and getting more & more curious to see it....
yes.gif

Hope it will arrive very soon!!!

Latest posts

Back