Just out of interest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsj

Reaction score
Hi,

Here's my boy, Sunny - just out of interest what "type" of mini is he? I know he's fat, I'm working on that - but is he draft?

Please be kind, I love him a lot.
default_wub.png

b6.jpg

a2.jpg

M x

I think he is Palamino and the real mini!
default_smile.png

I like him. He is a little fat, but so am I. LOL

Lildrummer

He's gorgeous Maria, but I have said this before. Over here in the UK with the way our show classes are divided to give all types of mini a chance to compete against others of the same type, I would say he is either draft or cob - it would depend on the judges opinion.

I have a spotty boy very much like Sunny's build although he is smaller (28/29" to the wither) and if he is looking slim then he's cob, but if he's carrying a bit more body weight then he looks draft. LOL!!

LOL Anna! Yes I'd agree! He's become much more affectionate and easy going lately. Am going to take my time and slowly get him slim and fit. I'm happy as long as my horses are happy
default_smile.png

I wouldnt know the technical term for his colour id say stunning
default_wub.png
hes gorgeous and i like them "fat" which i dont think think he is at all just well covered
default_smile.png

He's a pretty boy! He's a heavier build, a bit of a "draft" type but even so... bet he could team up with my own Sunny (same name) and win best matched pair!
default_smile.png

Also, your Sunny and mine two are both silver bay in color
default_yes.gif

My look alike Sunny hanging out with his friends at home:

Sunny,%20Bacardi%20and%20DunIT%20--%2011252005%20--%20011.jpg

And after a show I took him to (he's actually a 9x National Champion @ halter):

Sunny%202007%20VMHC%20smaller.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a handsome guy. I would call him draft or foundation type.

Thanks all for your lovely comments, they mean a lot to me as someone has not been very nice about him recently (when I had him up for sale). I am keeping him now anyway as he has decided he DOES like my gelding (his son) after all.

Yes, he's a silver bay, sire of my silver dapple appy.

Thank you all for your help too! Now I know what type he is I can plan how to get him to look best for that type
default_yes.gif

He's a pretty boy! He's a heavier build, a bit of a "draft" type but even so... bet he could team up with my own Sunny (same name) and win best matched pair!
default_smile.png

Also, your Sunny and mine two are both silver bay in color
default_yes.gif

My look alike Sunny hanging out with his friends at home:

Sunny,%20Bacardi%20and%20DunIT%20--%2011252005%20--%20011.jpg

And after a show I took him to (he's actually a 9x National Champion @ halter):

Sunny%202007%20VMHC%20smaller.jpg
They are very similar Jill! I am afraid I haven't shown my Sunny, but I would like to. He has been shown in the past and had two third places and one second - not sure of the classes but they were EMHA shows.

Went out to tell him you all think he's handsome so he's very proud of himself now.
default_laugh.png

IMG_1228.JPGBeautiful little guys in the above posts! I was hoping for a palomino but love my little red head just the same.

Not sure what type my little 34" gelding is but I know he is way too fat. I just joined this forum to find some advice on driving so I can try to get some weight off him. Feed grass hay @ 1.5 - 2% body weight along with a small amount of soaked timothy pellets to add his supplements. Have him on Quessience (Magnesium &Chromium) & add a little salt. He has been dry lotted since spring grass came in.

Last summer soaked most of the hay fed to all of my horses for almost 5 months to remove some sugar (all have the thrifty gene). Also exercised on a regular basis. I think he lost 5 pounds. I am hoping the driving will help. Just got him started & he is doing vey well but we are taking it slow. He has "Little Kings Bullet Buckeroo" 3 generations back. I am not real familiar with pedigrees on these little guys but have heard of Buckeroo.

View attachment 3256Beautiful little guys in the above posts! I was hoping for a palomino but love my little red head just the same.

Not sure what type my little 34" gelding is but I know he is way too fat. I just joined this forum to find some advice on driving so I can try to get some weight off him. Feed grass hay @ 1.5 - 2% body weight along with a small amount of soaked timothy pellets to add his supplements. Have him on Quessience (Magnesium &Chromium) & add a little salt. He has been dry lotted since spring grass came in.

Last summer soaked most of the hay fed to all of my horses for almost 5 months to remove some sugar (all have the thrifty gene). Also exercised on a regular basis. I think he lost 5 pounds. I am hoping the driving will help. Just got him started & he is doing vey well but we are taking it slow. He has "Little Kings Bullet Buckeroo" 3 generations back. I am not real familiar with pedigrees on these little guys but have heard of Buckeroo.
I love your gelding - my boy has Buckaroo lines too
default_yes.gif

mrsj- Haflinger came to my mind when I saw your pic of him. And I like Haflingers.
default_smile.png
My boys are chunky monkeys right now; good pasture, no hard labor, my guys have it made.

Thanks ErikaS. - you can see what mine have here camlaisminiatures.co.uk - I must stress they don't get in the big field much in the summer unless it is full of sheep too!
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back