Just need to vent about my bad luck these days...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
So...when I got my licence at 16 I was one of those lucky children who was offered a brand new car for my first car. I got to pick it out (within reasonable pricing) and I chose a 2002 Mitsibishi Eclipse! (Bought in 2001 though so it was still a "new" car in the real 2002).

Anyhow, I have had that car for 5 long, great years...so many memories with it...running over a log with the front end and ripping it out from under the car...parking over a boulder going "oops, I can fix it" then backing up just to cave in the entire side of the car...driving through a party town filled with cops in the middle of winter, rounding a corner too soon and catching my car up on a pile of snow, back tire in the air...couldn't move anywhere...right in front of the cops! Anyhow, got the bumps and scrapes fixed so the car looked like new and other than what I did to the poor thing, she ran for me with NO problems...even got me home on fumes one night when I drove on a back road in the dark, in the woods...

Well, I figured it was time for me to get a truck, being in Wisconsin and having harsh, slippery winters, it is hard driving a little sports car through that. My dads company happened to have a nice little 4x4 Ford Ranger that I just loved driving around, he offered to trade my car for the Ranger, I took the offer in a heartbeat!

1 week after owning the Ranger the "check engine" light comes on...no big deal, insufficient EGR flow...

2nd week of owning the Ranger, I went to Culvers and ordered myself a meal, a salad for my parrots back at home, a large soda and one of their cement mixer ice cream cups! I had to wait 10 minutes for my food so I ate the ice cream as it melted (it was in the 90's)...got my food, set the ice cream in the cup holder next to me and drove home. Got home and figured I better get the ice cream in the freezer to save it, so I grabbed the food and soda in one hand, ice cream and keys in the other, opened my door and started crawling out...lid from the ice cream snapped off and the entire 3/4 full melted blob of cookie dough poured out into my lap, down the drivers seat (fabric mind you), under my butt...i'm in my nice work clothes! So I threw my hands free of all items, stuffed the cup of ice cream back into the cup holder and crawled out of the truck...scooped the melted ice cream off the seat as fast as I could, waddled into my house to change and grab a towel...came back out, cleaned the ice cream off the seat as best I could, grabbed the ice cream cup (which had some melted ice cream in it still) and chucked it out onto the gravel driveway. Get this...the cup bounced off of a freaking pebble, flipped a 360, the melted ice cream left in it flew out and splashed BACK INTO THE TRUCK!!!!! All up the door, up the window, over the seat again....uuuggghhh.....why me???

Got into an argument with the window lady at Wendy's...

Broke down and told my boyfriends roomate what a complete idiot he is for not being responsible for his relationship and told him he needs to learn how to shut up and listen when someone is calling his name...(he always...always continues talking right past me as if I don't exist when I try talking to him...)...

Tried a new diet and sent it back because it had caffiene in it...waaaay too much...

My boyfriend is finally moving back in with me, but to accomodate that he wants to invite friends over we have to re-arrange the entire house to put the birds where they wont be bothered at night, yet still near a living room so they can feel social...

Have to clear out the entire basement so the landlord can come in and look at my water/mold issue...

Took my cat into the vet because he was limping, found out he has a genetic disorder...slipping patella (kneecap) in both legs, it'll cost $1500 per leg for surgery, or $800 per leg for amputation and then i'm left with half a cat...*sigh*...

Mom took one of her bengal kittens in, turns out early in life the kittens dad somehow fell on the litter of kittens and this one boy had 3 growth plates in his vertebrae crushed...he had to be put down...obviously dad isn't allowed by the kittens...had to listen to my mom cry and it just tore me up...

ok I think i'm done venting for now, I feel a little better =)

{{{Hugs}}} to you and your mom. I hope this coming week...naw...month!... things calm down and turn around into good things happening!!

Just one question.............

Do you really want your bf back that bad? To change your place and basically give him eveything he wants and not what you want?

Just one question.............

Do you really want your bf back that bad? To change your place and basically give him eveything he wants and not what you want?

I'm with Ashley on this one....but that's probably why I'm still single
default_rolleyes.gif
:

But HUGS to you and your Mom!! Things will get better....just keep thinking positive!! I know it's hard, but it will get better....

~kathryn

Hey, girl, you have indeed had a rough time!

I hate those huge messes that seem like they just "break the camel's back" (i.e. the ice cream) when there are other things that are happening when you just don't need the mental clutter. I am fortunate in that some of our good friends own a carpet cleaning and installation business and boy we use them (luckily they love fresh seafood *LOL*).

Sounds like you need to have a break and I hope you get it soon. I know this year has pretty much been the same for me/us but right now (looking around and knocking on wood) we are doing ok for the moment. A few minor things, but life is like that. I just have to think about it and be thankful that it isn't/wasn't worse for as bad as it gets. Count my blessings so to speak.

Hope your guy realizes that YOU need some special consideration, too. I know how hard it can be to work through things, but it is a give and take and that's all the lecturing you'll get from ME on the subject cuz you're always such a good sport about everything.

Would love to see pics of your Ranger, though. I am a truck "geek" I guess and Fords are my faves....best of luck getting it to stay "stain free" for a long time!

Liz M.

Ok well up until the kitty part you had me laughing. I so felt your pain. I live about 30 min from a Jamba juice my favorite thing(that isnt chocolate) and Ravens to got us both one when I was out in town .. just as I got off the freeway hers just literally FLEW as it was doing the high jump spilled bright orange all over my car not to mention Raven was so sad ( I had drank almost all of mine on the way home but gave her what was left)

I also go to the store to purchase salad or other interesting things from the "hot deli" although still his favorite is jelly beans, egg salad and fried chicken. section at the grocery store for my bird. I totally understand the difficult balance of moving the birds so they have some "undisturbed or quiet time" when people are over and they get like little kids tend to get very wound up and also keep them social.. luckily we have very evil dogs( ok lucky in that we dont have lots of people brave enough to come to the house so dont have to worry about the bird) lol

I'm sorry you're having such bad luck!
default_sad.png

My temper as bad as it can be, I'd have probably thrown the rest of the food I didn't spill, thus making an even bigger mess for me to clean up.

With your bf, I hope he is also making concessions to help things work out. I'm not sure if moving the parrots is a big deal (meaning I don't know how much that bothered you / them not that I don't think it's an issue) but just don't want YOU to be the only one giving in on stuff because that's just no good and puts him in the possition to feel like he's doing you a favor by coming back.

I'm so sorry about your mom's cat. When my parents had to have their dog put to sleep a couple years ago, it just tore me up to see them so upset (and I was so attached to the dog, too), but it's just crushing to see your folks in so much pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back