Just moved to Texas and looking for shows!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackwater Farm

Reaction score
Hi all! I just moved to the Gulf Coast area of Texas from Southeast NC and I am looking for some shows I can take my minis to. Most of my minis are not currently registered and I am having trouble finding open shows or shows that don't require registration. My daughter wants to show my gelding and he had out grown his AMHA papers so I did not purchase the papers with him. I wasn't aware at the time that I could have hard shipped him into AMHR! I have some cute little rescues as well that I would like to show just for fun. It seems like all the clubs I come across are for registered horses only. Can anyone recommend some shows in this area that I can take my guys to? Thank you!

Im just south of Houston in Hitchcock. Almost all of them drive. I just want something fun to do with them that doesn't require registration.

We are just on the other corner of Houston. In addition to AMHA breed shows we are actively involved with ADS Combined Driving (CDE). The local club Houston Area Carriage Association has several events. Google it and see what you think. We would love to help you get started.

Check out

www.houstonareacarriageassociation.com

www.americandrivingsociety.com

our web site www.willowcrest.com/WCF-OLD

A mini (VSE=Very Small Equine) does not have to be registered and can be up to 39" (99cm) at the top of the withers.

email me if you have any questions. [email protected]

I have a 38" gelding that I always thought would be a great CDE horse. He has a dressage type build, very up hill movement. He loves to drive! He's pretty quick and agile too, and brave!

Back