Just LOOK what ya'll made me do!!! Look inside for details!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Can't stop now (formerly Dragons Wish Farm)
Reaction score
Okay---so there've been a few changes around here since I started my "Introduction from NC thread"

First the farm name: DRAGON'S WISH PERFORMANCE MINIATURES If y'all think that's too much of a mouthful--PLEASE let me know!! We can just go with DRAGON'S WISH FARM if that seems better. Final decision will be on Monday.

Now that your all wondering "why THAT title if she's only gonna talk about an old thread"---anticipation makes the announcement better!!

Some nice person(s) made sure I got the email blasts about the Southern Breezes Auction. I looked at all the "pretties"...made notes about the ones I liked...did some research....kept telling myself I was "just looking"....just "educating my eye".....well...Ya'll know the routine..

Then two days before sale ends, I request a BIDDERS NUMBER
default_whistling.gif
and ignore all email the next day.

Last day of sale, receive an email blast "Sale ends today"....
default_whistling.gif
Some more.....

Long about 4 o'clock....get back on 'net...no bids on my first pick...so I go ahead and place the beginning bid...my reasoning being "she's a nice filly, good show record, SURELY the last minute bidders are waiting on her, so they'll get a good deal"...I was even GOOD, I didn't place a proxy bid.

Then I quick get off 'net, and run away from the house until after sale closes at 8:00. Long about 8:45, I log into my email from my thrifty little phone....AND I WON!!!!!!
default_thud.gif
:thud:
default_thud.gif

So now I own........fancyfront.jpgfancyright.jpg

What do you think about THAT???!!! I've been doing the Happy Dance and saying TEE HEEEE HEEE since I got her papers in my hot little hand!! (Drove down yesterday and picked them up since it's only 3 hours) Now I have a base to build on for my little Performance Minis Farm

ETA: forgot to give photo credit to Julie Wagner of SMHC and to thank Heather Troglauer of Mulligan's Run for the opportunity to begin with such a nice mare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!
default_saludando.gif

I like the name DRAGON'S WISH FARM best!
default_cheers.gif

I like her!
default_wub.png
Congrats on your winning bid!!!!!!

She's lovely! Congrats!

And I like Dragon's Wish Farm better too.

Congratulations!!! Looks like a great choice, and a pinto too!!! Could you tell more about her for those of us who didn't pay much attention to the sale?

So awesome! Congrats! It's great when something you think won't happen happens! She is beautiful!
default_yes.gif

You're off to a great beginning with that beauty!

I would suggest you use "Performance Miniatures" as a tagline, as in:

Dragon's Wish Farm

Performance Miniatures

This way, you can get the full message across when circumstances allow, but the shorter, more succinct name will stick in people's minds and give you more of a focal point on business cards and signage. It also gives you flexibility, in case you make changes in the future.

I like Dragon's Wish Farm too and like Susanne's suggestion. Congrats on your new buy!! She is beautiful!

Thank you everyone---you don't know how much your congratulations and comments are valued by me! Dragon's Wish Farm was my first choice....so now that's officially what it is!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Suzanne--that's what I thought--but in my excitement forgot to put a dash between the farm name and tag line to even INDICATE that's what I meant. I do appreciate you suggesting that, as it keeps me on the right track.

Suggestions from anyone on shipping would be great!! It's not far from Lexington, SC to Raeford, NC (about 160 miles), so I'm working on it even as we speak....even went so far as to post on uShip!
default_risa_suelos.gif
Just to cover all my bases, don'tcha know.

Congratulations.... she was my pick, and I would have loved to have had her, but I need t sell a few more, before I can add to my numbers....Lucky you, she is really nice

Latest posts

Back