Just like to say thanks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I know it has been ages since I have been on here. With working 3rd shifts all the time, i don't get my me time on the computer as often as I use too. But , thanks to this forum, and the members on here, I was able to use what i have learned about colic and I saved my Buddy. This was my second bout with colic. Posie coliced really bad about a month after coming to live with me. 6 days, a lot of prayers, and a whole lot of money and she came home. But, with Buddy it was different. It hit him hard and very fast.. Now, I think I know what caused it.(antibotics for a drippy eye) One minute he was fine, and the next on the ground with his eyes rolled back. Couldn't find a vet(On Vac. out because of the holiday). So I jumped into to action and started with mineral oil, banimine(sp) walking. I was with him for over 24 hrs and my little Buddy started to come around.. I thought I lost him a few times, but I never gave up, and neither did he.. Now everyone in the barn loves power ade, but Buddy..

Thanks to LB for being there. If it wasn't for LB, I would have never gotten my first mini..

So glad your Buddy is ok - great job!!!!

Barbie

Thank God! I know how scary that is! GOOD JOB!!!!
default_yes.gif

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this forum either. I have learned SO MUCH HERE-their are some wonderfully knowledgeable people on this forum.

So glad you boy turned around for you. And YES - Gatorade - Powerade is wonderful for these horses when they are sick. Respiratory or colic, puts fluids into their system almost as quickly as Iv's do.

Good luck,

Beth

Great job saving your little pal. I agree that the help and advice that's available here on LB is worth more than it's weight in gold. I had been a lurker until Bambi colicked. Got on here and asked for help and it was there immediately. Great people on here who are ready to lend a hand when we need it.

Buddy is in my advatar with my daughter, Faith. He is "her" horse. She told me thanks for reading and learning how to be a horse dr..
default_wub.png

I am so glad you fellow is doing better.

These boards have saved quite a few lives for me too!! And I have met some of the best people in the world! I feel so selfish that I am givin so much through these boards!

This was a wonderful post to read at the Holiday Season time. I am very glad your Buddy is doing better. I love the Forum very much.

Art and I would be lost without this forum! The people here have saved 2 of my horses...Dreamer and Lady. If I had not gotten such quick replys about Lady we would have lost her. Calcium levels are not something to mess with! Dreamer, well she now belongs to everyone on this board! There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. If you need help or advice at 1-2-3-4 am or any other time of the day, there is ALWAYS someone on to help.......I am so glad your Buddy is okay...Theresa

Latest posts

Back