JUST JUMP IT!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markadoodle

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Okay, reason to start this topic is because I have a new mare and she isnt trained to jumo at all whats so ever! But I have some minis that I have been training to jump for several years and they can do 3' 5" high and some can do 3' accross, [/SIZE]

Whats the highest YOUR MINI HAS DONE?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it was you I told on FB, my AMHA performance mare can just barely get to 44" (amha regulation height). Are you sure the height you typed wasn't a typo? 53" is extremely tall and I doubt a mini could clear that...How tall is your horse?

lol it was a typo ill fix tht i ment 3' 5" and 3" across haha wow none of mine are willing to do that. LOL thanks for point that out
default_wacko.png
guess i head my head in outer space or something

3'5" is 41". I had 45" stalls in my barn and had 2 horses jump out of them from a standing start. One was a yearling - 30", the other was a 2YO 32"

When my daughter showed at R nationals many years ago I believe the last jump they jumped was either 42 or 46". It's been a while!

3'5" is 41". I had 45" stalls in my barn and had 2 horses jump out of them from a standing start. One was a yearling - 30", the other was a 2YO 32"
When my daughter showed at R nationals many years ago I believe the last jump they jumped was either 42 or 46". It's been a while!
AMHA raises the jumps as high as 44" but it's against the rules in AMHR. They limit their jumps to a maximum of 30" and decide "winners" by a timed run over the jumps.

Ha the same thing happened here ill take a pic of the door if you want my 36" mini 2 year old jumped a 45" or 46" door for a stand dtill still have noc luue why he did it
default_wacko.png

Our stallion, Ari, jumped out of my round pen as a yearling. He made a small circle at a trot and then sailed over all 5 feet of it - cleared it by a mile! I wasn't in the round pen, had just turned him out on his own but was keeping an eye on him so got to watch his jaw dropping trot as he sashayed away.

I am absolutely NOT going to tell any of my minis about this thread. We have 5 minis that love to jump, but only when someone is leading them over the jumps. So far, no one has ever tried to jump out of anywhere!!!

None of ours has been jumped over 30-32" because we only show Pinto and AMHR, but we have done quite well in those shows.

I also, had a high-flyer excape atrist. Brought my new 31" filly home, we put her in her stall, turned around to walk up aisleway, heard noise of hooves on concrete, turned around and there she stood . . .she was out. We put her back in, backed up and watched. . . she slowly stood up on her hind legs and "lift off" . . jumped. . . cleared the 46" gate with space. Then she walked over to us as if nothing happened. We stood there in awe! She has never done it again
default_smile.png

I see maybe a performance horse in my future. . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back